Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

The quickest discussion with teen son in history.

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 21 Replies
My son(15) does not sleep with a top sheet and prefers to sleep under light quilts my mom made me as a child and his comforter on top of that.

Today I went to change his sheet and pillowcase and while pulling off the blankets, I , uh realized that I didn't want him using my blankets anymore!

I understand " wet dreams" and all and I understand how soft my blankets are from years of washing. But EWW!

I slept with these blanket since age seven!
I called my mom and quickly explained the problem.
She said she happened to a homemade quilt that no one in the family made and she'd send it.

I had already changed the whole bed with "extra " blankets I keep for guests.

I knock , opened his door, did not make eye contact and as fast as could speak it I said

"Hey listen, I know it's normal for you to have certain kinds of dreams, wet dreams or whatever but I don't want evidence on my childhood blankets. Nana is sending you your own to use from now on and I expect your underwear to be changed ever morning as well okay?"

I look up and I swear he was laughing his ass off! Here I was trying to not embarrass HIM and he was LOVING THE FACT that I was having an "ick" moment!
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maikopmom
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is also 15 and like yours.... doesn't use a top sheet, but the blankets he uses are not sentimental, so I just do a lot of laundry.... LOL
I think it's great that your son wasn't embarrassed. I think it shows that he’s comfortable with you and that if he has questions or a problem that he will come to you.  My kids love it when I have "ick" moments!! 

Maime13
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM

At 15 I would think it's less likely that it's "wet dreams" and more likely that he is masturbating and just using the blanket to clean off. We had to talk to our older boys about keeping a towel handy so they bedding stays clean and making sure that towel was laundered frequently.

MSLsSilly
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I have my sons (14 and 16) do their own laundry! Just sayin'. Eeek!

Seriously though, I like that he was comfortable enough with you that he didn't get embarrassed.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Well, he's always stolen my " sentimental blankets", and washes most of his own clothes and sheets, but I do the blankets so they don 't get messed up . ( boy was I wrong!) haha

I'm glad another long used blanket with 20 + years of softness is coming his way...and you are correct, the fact that he got tickled over my " ick"DOES mean if it needs to be asked or said , he's apparently cool with any conversation.

I don't consider myself naive about about guys stuff, I mean when we did puberty talks, he had to learn about what females go through, too (because no one should be made fun of while dealing with what all fifth-seventh graders deal with)

So you are right , I guess maki gMe shiver a bit just made him laugh his head off!

Quoting Maikopmom:

My son is also 15 and like yours.... doesn't use a top sheet, but the blankets he uses are not sentimental, so I just do a lot of laundry.... LOLI think it's great that your son wasn't embarrassed. I think it shows that he’s comfortable with you and that if he has questions or a problem that he will come to you.  My kids love it when I have "ick" moments!! 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No, he was not embarrassed at all! Totally loved that he caused me to " ick "
:-). But we've been having " mini talks since age eleven about puberty and moving up the ladder, as it were.
It is healthy... The talks and being comfortable ... BUT NOT ON MY SPECIAL BLANKETS! Haha!

Quoting MSLsSilly:

I have my sons (14 and 16) do their own laundry! Just sayin'. Eeek!Seriously though, I like that he was comfortable enough with you that he didn't get embarrassed.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM
The towel thing isn't a bad idea at all.

Quoting Maime13:

At 15 I would think it's less likely that it's "wet dreams" and more likely that he is masturbating and just using the blanket to clean off. We had to talk to our older boys about keeping a towel handy so they bedding stays clean and making sure that towel was laundered frequently.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  I don't have boys but that is too funny!  At least you know he's comfortable with you and with his sexuality :)

sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM

hummm.... I have never found "evidence" so I guess he is neat about it.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I did have to say to my con a few years back "Hey, if you could not leave your DNA all over your bed and use a tissue that would be really great".

No issues since.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this was a perfect moment for both of you. Open honest short and to the point. I am sure he appreciates and understands you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN