Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Proud of my daughter

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Tori is 12 and in the 7th grade.  Last year was a bad year.  She was constantly fighting, Grades were not so good.  She was getting in alot of trouble.  She once ended up in a scrreaming match with her teacher.  It was a rough year. Ending with a suspension.  This year she's trying really hard.  Her grades are on point as she likes to say.  We had parent teacher right before thanksgiving and all of her teachers said great things about her.  She's really tring hard and they see it. Due to her problems last year she's in a class of rowdy kids. Tons of drama.  Seveal of her teachers said she stays out of the drama.    Well yesterday she was in lunch when one of  her classmates was goofing off pretending to pour milk on her sweater.  she was goofing around and hit into my dd by accident and the milk spilled on the girl.  The girl got really mad and words were exchanged and then the girl got into my dd's face.  Last year getting into her face would of meant my dd punching you in the face.  she just would of done it.  She said she thought about it for a second and walked away and got a teacvher.  after both girls calmed down they talked and were friends again before the end of the day.  just so proud

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
iwashere
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM

It's amazing how they change and grow in the blink of an eye. Congrats to your daughter!

Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Good for her way to show maturity. My dd has never had anger issues but 12 year old me would have punched the other girl. It is hard to learn how to control your anger when so many people annoy you and do dumb stuff but it's a party of growing up. I'm glad her grades are on point. Cudos mama .

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Great story!  Thank you for sharing such a wonderful moment!  

awbredux
by Allie on Dec. 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM

That's great!   You should be proud, and I know you've let her know you are proud of her.

Maime13
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Sounds like she has really turned a corner and matured a lot! You have every reason to be thrilled!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)