Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Presents and gift cards

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

Did you buy your teenager gifts, gift cards, a mix of both?

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
They get one large gift and stockings. Yes, they get gift cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

This is my first year having two teenagers. My oldest son is 16, and my second son is 13. They got video games, clothes, shoes, and gift cards. 

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah! I also got my 13 year old the 2015 Guinness Book of World Records. This is his fourth Guinness Book, he gets one every year for Christmas. (He now has 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM
we bought tickets to things, some sports equip and gift cards to subway for one and itunes for the other one -- and a little clothing .
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I personally did not buy my teen any gift cards. However between her birthday and Christmas the girl has received  $150 in gift cards and $100 in cash. I discoverd this last night when I went to return her ring to her jewelry box!

Msgme
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:25 AM

well my son will recieve gift cards for his b-day.  He will get a game stop card, an xbox card  and a seperate card for his xbox gold for the next year.  His b-day is monday and we are having the party tomorrow. for his b-day its just easier ot give him the cards so he can get what he wants.  however extended family which they will see tomorrow will give them all gift cards.  My son will rack up being he gets for his b-day and xmas on the same day. last year he walked away with over $400 in gift cards.  I'm expecting similiar to that this year maybe even more being this is a special b-day.

bellasmom32510
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM
DD got gift cards to toys r us and a clothing store because my family is far away and it is a pain to send gifts. SD gets visa gift cards and clothing store gift cards too.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Yes, they get both depending on what they ask for.

cybcm
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM
They only get one gift each and it's an actual thing.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I've gotten them giftcards in the past but this year they asked for enough actual gifts that I didn't have to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)