Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. Dre Beats

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was at Target on Thanksgiving day. I had a pair of $97 Dre Beats in my cart. But at the last minute put them back. I just could not imagine dropping that kind of cash on headphones. I lightweight regret not buying them since they are usually $180 but at the same time it was not a need.

My dd has made headphones part of her everyday wardrobe. She wears them around her neck to school and puts them in her locker. She wears them at running practice and after swim and on the bus, at dinner, and in the car. She wears them when she's not even listening to anything!

What sparked me to post about this is I was making a 2014 collage and I noticed she had those headphones on as she was blowing out her birthday candles, opening her Christmas gifts, AFTER her orchestra concert, and at her swim champs.

Does anyone else's child have a favorite item that is now permanently attached to them? Does it annoy you? My dd's love for her headphones doesn't annoy me. As long as she comes when I call for her.

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:34 PM

No.  That would annoy me to no end.  My 23 year olds phone is attached to her hip.  That annoys me but of course I can't do a thing about it.  I think we are all too plugged in. 

Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I went to  Chilis last night for the first time in forever. They have ziosk on their tables. You can order drinks and desert, read the newspaper, play games, and pay your bill. Yay for reduction of human interaction!

I think if she was ignoring me it would annoy me but I've never had an issue with her listening. A lot of times I don't even notice them on her. I bought my 7 year old a $5 USB charger from Family  Dollar and I think she was more excited about that then anything else she got for Christmas!

Quoting atlmom2:

No.  That would annoy me to no end.  My 23 year olds phone is attached to her hip.  That annoys me but of course I can't do a thing about it.  I think we are all too plugged in. 

cybcm
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Nah, I can't think of anything any of them are attached to specifically. DS18 always has a book on him or within arms reach, but other than that, no.
iwashere
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM

My son had his phone, car and Xbox which were so precious to him we wanted to call him Gollum, but that was kind of mean. Not sure if it's good or bad, but the Xbox got left behind for a new girlfriend

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM

So far, no. His gaming headphones stay with his gaming computer, and he only uses his earbuds when he's walking home from school.. IF he remembers to bring his phone with him. He's not super-attached to it. 

The most attached he is to anything is his Nintendo DS, but that doesn't stay with him at all times either. I've been more attached to my new iPad!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Ds13 has a sweatshirt with built in earbuds he loves it and so far more durable than apple earbuds. at home its the gaming headset- and then uses speakers for music
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)