Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15yr old is upset after I told him I was pregnant.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have been a single mom for many years and then finally met someone and after 8yrs we are having a baby. I told my son yesterday who will be 15yrs old in a week that he will be a big brother in October. He burst into tears in his room and nw doesn't speak to me much. I am giving him his space for nw.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilky5
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
That's rough. He's not used to having to share you. I think giving him some time to work it out in his head is a good idea. He'll come around. Just try to include him as much as possible so he won't feel like he's losing out.
Maime13
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

That has to be hard for him. It's unreasonable to expect him to be overjoyed when very realistically your time and energy is going to be consumed by the baby once it gets here. And, his life is going to be radically different with a baby in the house.

I'd try hard to empathize with how he feels. Be sure to treasure the time with him before the baby comes and try not to go too nuts in talking about the baby, etc. He might be a teen, but he is still your little boy.

jen-jen99
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats a hard age. He'll be ok :) He will absolutely love that baby!
mamatink7
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:16 PM

think it just needs to sink in. once it does and he realizes that he will now become a role model for his sibling soon he will be alright. let him help with planning and other things pertaining to the baby. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

GIve him time.  I would think most teens wouldn't expect parents to have a baby when they are in their teens.  My Mom was 48 when I was 15 so I would have been in total shock.  He will probably warm up.  I think it is also hard for teens to imagine parents having sex when they are teens.  I mean, ewwwwwwwwww, lol.  Not something you ever want to picture actually.  

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Give him time to get used to the idea. 

He may also be worried about you. I know if *I* told my 15 year old I was pregnant, he'd be scared speechless since I'm 51!

momof210614
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Hugs
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM

He will come around!

fsimon77
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Ladies we had a long chat and yes he everything you mentioned he was worried abt and he wanted to know how the half brother story worked and mainly if I wld pick on him if I was hormonal. Lol. He was worried what the baby wld look like, the gender if he wld have to help at 4am etc. I set his mind at ease and he is happy to be a big brother. I'm am 38yrs old and he was doing age calculations etc and said 'dnt worry mom, we will be fine' I also baked him a chocolate cake and I had my baby back in no time. Thank-you for all your kind words. I am excited and nervous it's like it's my 1st baby. I worry abt a lot at age 38 too. At 23 it was breeze.Now with all the tests that has to be done...... wow. I am happy and in October I will be cleaning diapers again!!!!! Good times ahead :)
mama2ameira
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that's normal for kids. I was 13 when my dad and his gf had their first baby. I flipped shit. Refused to speak to my dad. I still hate his (ex) gf for other reasons. I love my two younger siblings though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)