Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your teens enjoy?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM
  • 46 Replies
Just curious!

My oldest is 19 and is an avid gamer! He could spend all day on games!

Our daughter is 18 and loves athletics even though she is unable to play anymore. She also loves acting.

One of our sixteen year olds is a huge music guy. He plays percussion and spends more time with his ensemble than home I think!

Our other sixteen year old is also a music man. He plays trumpet. He also loves building things and creating something from nothing!

Our fifteen year old is our social butterfly. He enjoys pretty much anything you put in front of him.....sports, crafts, games, etc.

Our thirteen year old is my logical guy! He loves anything to do with planets and is a rather impressive natural disaster buff. He is such a thinker, it makes the rest of us scratch our heads sometimes.

How about your teens!!
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame4c
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
When I read the title my first response was -
"Driving me crazy"......LOL

My 19 yr old is a grease monkey.

My 17 yr old doesn't come out of his room because he's permanently attached to a gaming console.

My 14 yr old is a band geek.
semazani
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen to the driving me crazy part!!!

Quoting ame4c: When I read the title my first response was -
"Driving me crazy"......LOL

My 19 yr old is a grease monkey.

My 17 yr old doesn't come out of his room because he's permanently attached to a gaming console.

My 14 yr old is a band geek.
Debmomto2girls
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM

My 17 year old....dances (a lot...lol).. she goes to an arts academy and dance is her major, debate club (travels all over for that), volunteer work at a nursing home and social justice club at her high school. She loves to read and loves, loves all kinds of movies.

My almost 14 year old is also a dancer (both girls take 5 dance classes a week), loves to hang out with her friends, loves art...she has created some really cool things for my work office, sketches.

Both girls love music and go to a lot of concerts.

iwashere
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM

LOL, mine would be "trying to con me into giving him a free tank of gas."

Other than that, he's in college, but enjoys gaming. He makes movies and has his own youtube, although he's not keeping up as much now that college takes up a ton of time. He also works out and is basically a gym rat. Hangs out with friends and girlfriend. Hm. I wonder when he sleeps?

semazani
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Sounds like they keep busy!!!

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

My 17 year old....dances (a lot...lol).. she goes to an arts academy and dance is her major, debate club (travels all over for that), volunteer work at a nursing home and social justice club at her high school. She loves to read and loves, loves all kinds of movies.

My almost 14 year old is also a dancer (both girls take 5 dance classes a week), loves to hang out with her friends, loves art...she has created some really cool things for my work office, sketches.

Both girls love music and go to a lot of concerts.

semazani
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Adult kids are so much different!! I had gotten used to it when he was gone for a semester, but then he came home and I am still adjusting to not stepping back into that parent him role!!

Quoting iwashere:

Other than that, he's in college, but enjoys gaming. He makes movies and has his own youtube, although he's not keeping up as much now that college takes up a ton of time. He also works out and is basically a gym rat. Hangs out with friends and girlfriend. Hm. I wonder when he sleeps?

dandylynes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:33 PM
She enjoys Robotics and promoting STEM to the public.
semazani
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Our youngest will get to take a robotics ass next year!! He is pretty excited!

Quoting dandylynes: She enjoys Robotics and promoting STEM to the public.
iwashere
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. I know. It's so hard. We have an "our house, our rules" philosophy, but he has so much more freedom when he comes home now than he ever did. But it's so hard not to try to hover, just a little. LOL.

Quoting semazani: Adult kids are so much different!! I had gotten used to it when he was gone for a semester, but then he came home and I am still adjusting to not stepping back into that parent him role!!
Quoting iwashere:

cybcm
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM

DS18 is a heavy reader, plays mixed netball and boxes with his father. He plays multiple instruments and will be starting uni in... two weeks (that went fast) studying arts/secondary edication, focusing on music for his arts component.

DD14 goes to circus school, she is particularly fond of trapeze, tissu and stilts. She also does dance, plays the saxophone and takes singing lessons. She is also into photography, fashion and art.

DD13 does horse riding and competes in cross country and show jumping. She is really into science and math and is part of science club at school. She reads a lot of mangas and watches a lot of animes.

As for the other two who aren't/are no longer teenagers;

DD20 is studying culinary business and started a chefs apprenticeship while she was in high school, she works as a pastry chef. She is a regular at tetris night at one of the bars in the city and very proudly has one of the high scores there. She is very socially aware and you will certainly find her protesting things and doing volunteer work, particuarly with LGBT youth.

DS7 does auskick in the winter and cricket in the summer. He likes the Avengers very much. He also likes getting stuck in ridiculous things like fences, doing things he has been told not to do and sticking carrots up his nose and tryng to shoot them out. He has started piano lessons this year and he wants to learn drumkit (time to invest in a sound proof room?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)