Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Fail

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

My youngest had to have part of her toenail removed and it hurt so badly that I gave her a painkiller to help her get through the initial pain.  This worked for about an hour and then she was violently throwing up in reaction to it.  The next day to make it up to her over the medication reaction, I took her to the mall to get her brows done.  The stylist was inexperienced and literally ripped her skin off and so now she has huge red welts.  I feel so bad!  I bought her some huge sunglasses to hide the welts and used makeup to get rid of them, hey at least the toe is better!

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sydel
by Group Admin on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL I can't help it that was funny. But it's not. I feel bad for the poor girl. Talk about having a rough day. I hope she feels better and recovers from both  fast. Dont' be surprised if she's bringing this up in 10 years.

squeekers
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:47 PM
It was with good intentions. She will understand that.
teensrmyworld
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM

She does.  She felt bad for ME last night because I was so upset that I made a bad situation worse!

Quoting squeekers: It was with good intentions. She will understand that.

teensrmyworld
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Trust me, we were both laughing!  I am also sure I will not be let off the hook for this one!

Quoting Sydel:

LOL I can't help it that was funny. But it's not. I feel bad for the poor girl. Talk about having a rough day. I hope she feels better and recovers from both  fast. Dont' be surprised if she's bringing this up in 10 years.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i hope she's feeling better. If it was my DD she would never let me off the hook. When she was about 2 i had walked out of my apt to throw away garbage and didn't realize she had walked out behind me. I threw it down the chute and walked back in the apt not realizing i left her out there. A few minutes later i heard her talking but when I looked for her i couldn't find her. After checking the entire apt i checked out side and she was sitting in the hall playing. The whole ordeal lasted less than 10 minutes but i still feel horrible. She doesn't even actually remember it but she'll bring it up all the time and of course she says its the time i lost her lol

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

When you think about it, you failed her only the first time.  The second time, you did not know that the stylist was going to do that, and you did everything you could to make it up to her.  This is so typical of us, mothers.  We blame ourselves, even if it's not our fault!

illneverbeold
by Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Awe, well it's the thought that counts, right? Here have some ice cream. lol

jewels.unicorn
by Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Ouch!

We've had days like that too, trying to fix one thing and ruining it by doing something else, lol.

Don't stress, she knows you love her, that's the important part! My kids already laugh at things I've done wrong like that, and some of them have been fairly recent.

Linagma03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

This is something that she is going to remeber and she'll be reminding you of it on a regular basis when she's older. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)