Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weekend plans

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM
  • 2 Replies

I'm in a benchmarking kind of mood today.  lol.

How much time does your teen spend with friends on the weekends?

Mine have just started to have friends in middle school.  I keep trying to get them to invite people over and they are refusing.They talk to people at school but don't want to invite them over.

They mostly just want to hang around the house and do nothing. A certain amount of that is fine. They need their down time. I get it but every single weekend????

I suppose I'm trying to gauge how uncommon this is and how much I should encourage them.

This upcoming weekend we have mostly free.  I'd like to plan something for them to do. We could just do something as a family but we do that A LOT. I thought it would be fun to try to include a friend but I got nothing but push back.

The few times we have had someone over they've enjoyed it.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM
I had one ultra social kid that did things with friends about every weekend. My other one not as much. She had a core group of friends and socialized a couple times a month out of school. They always socialized from Kindergarten on though with sleepovers etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM

My dd is very popular IN school. She is also active in several after school clubs and sports. BUT on weekends she is a homebody.  Or we do things as a family. Over the summer I encouraged her to go to an amusement park, bowling, and to a movie in a group and that went well. But I had to push.

Her cross country coach suggested that she is an introvert and likes her alone time. Which I have to agree with.

Since school started in August I think she's only done 3 sleepovers and went to one convention with a friend.  We have another convention coming up and when I asked if she wanted to invite a different friend she said no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)