Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 y/o son spends every living moment with his hands down his pants

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM
  • 24 Replies

I mean, not when he's at school or out and about in public.  But at home, his hand is constantly down his pants, feeling up his junk.  A few times I've walked by and seen everything is he's wearing shorts, even with his underwear on.  He pulls out his junk and plays with it, doing homework, watching t.v., playing video games, on the phone, etc., etc.

I have tried every tactic under the sun to get him to do this only his room, to no avail.  Mostly he just makes jokes about it or laughs.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hateaway
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Uhh he needs to know thats not a acceptable
squeekers
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Well if you can spray a cat to stop doing a bad thing, why can't you spritz your kid to knock it off. Quit fapping - spray! Stop playing - spritz.
I have a daughter but cannot fathom the image of seeing that outside of his private bedroom.
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM
I have girls too so never had this issue. I would sit him down and be firm. No more public displays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klocker21
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:24 PM
My nephew is 12. He's not quite that bad lol....but I can relate....its a bots thing that's for sure....
JoJJ3
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Been there, done that.  He laughs.  Or he says, "Ok, mom" and then does it 5 minutes later.  He does it absentmindedly.  

Quoting atlmom2: I have girls too so never had this issue. I would sit him down and be firm. No more public displays.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 6:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Make him do a chore that requires two hands for at LEAST 15 minutes every time you catch him. Even if it's moving a pile of rocks from one side of the yard to the other and then back again. He'll soon get the image. I slapped my daughters hand out of her mouth every time I caught her picking at her lip (it was a obsession that was bordering on her having next to no lip, and she would often do it absent mindedly like your son) and soon enough I just had to clear my throat for her to move her  hand away from her mouth.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM

OMG I'm sorry but I am dying over here laughing. I have girls so I've never had to deal. But I would definately say something. My youngest liked to play with herself when she was younger. I would tell her two things. #1 She needs to make sure her hands were clean because she could get an infection down there and #2 That is something that should be done privately in your room. Not around family or in public space.

She stopped after a while. But at 13... He should know damn well not to be doing it with the door open smh..

cybcm
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I just want to throw it out there that even though people are saying they have girls so they don't need to deal, as someone with a teenage son, generally you don't have to deal with them playing with their penis IN FRONT OF YOU either, that's just weird behaviour.

You've confronted him and he laughs to off and does it again? That's really inappropriate. Tell it exactly like it is, it is incredibly disrespectful and inappropriate towards you for him to be doing that in front of you, you keep that behind closed doors to yourself, no ifs ands or buts.

teensrmyworld
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Gross.  This kid needs more decorum and you need to start embarassing him by telling his friends about his "habit" and that they might need to be made aware that he is a player and not in the school marching band

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM

If he can not do it at school, he can not do it in public or in your house in the open.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)