Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So angry....

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM
  • 25 Replies

I was getting ready to take my son to his school for a fundraiser for the crew team. I was actually excited and he said you don't need to go . I asked why he said " you'll be all La de da " and dad is embarassing. I burst into tears. I wanted to keep him home and still wish I have however the fundraiser is manadtory for all the boys. 

I am so hurt. I work my butt off to send him to an all boys Catholic  High School were he is getting an excellent education unfortunately he is also getting an attitude. I told him in no uncertain terms we will have a discussion about where he is going to complete his high school education and I am not sure it will be at his current school.

Any thoughts ???

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Overreaction. Massive major overreaction
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the age when parents become annoying, know nothing and are embarrassing.  I'd be grateful for some me time without the kid.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM
I agree with both posters.
askmommy
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM
I don't think it's the school. Teenagers suck! Don't give in to their attitude. You should of went anyway!
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it was mark twain who said something along the lines of, "When I was 16, I was amazed by how somebody as stupid as my father could even breath. At 21, I was even more amazed by how much wisdom the old man had gained in those short five years."

Take heart, the same transformation will occur in your sons life also.

As a side point, when I had a calm moment with my son, I would remind him that that embarrassing old man goes out to work his buns off to pay for the roof over our heads, feed, cloth, pay your tuition, etcetera. You should b apprecitive of that minor little detail, as lots of bums spend that money at the bars and strip clubs, sonny.

PS: either enjoy the time off or if you want to go then GO.
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM

You acted like a child.  Teens say foolish things, and as an ADULT, you should know that. Pull up your big girl panties, and suck it up.   

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM
ummm sit down, have a cup of tea... with a little brandy....... its ok your kid is ok.. in fact you are likely a good parent... and he is a probably a good kid but this is a phase in your child's life when he thinks everyone is judging him in all aspects-- including who parented him... he loves you.. he just views you and dad as huge social liabilities right now... this is the time where you gently remind him that you are his family and he has to show you respect but that you are ok with dropping him off a block from school or not sitting with him at the football game ... you will still send baked goods, be the ride to the mall ( dont talk to his friends ) and for Pete's sake dont play YOUR radio station.... oh and his friends probably think you and hubby are cooler than their parents--- so please know most parents of teens go thru this
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Massive overreaction. Move on. Kids are not supposed to always like their parents and yes, parents do embarrass their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
And on a few rare occasions the kids do embarrass their parents but we get over that too!

Quoting atlmom2: Massive overreaction. Move on. Kids are not supposed to always like their parents and yes, parents do embarrass their kids.
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Last Tuesday we had a pasta dinner for DS's lacrosse team. Parents and familes were invited so DH and I went. Walking in, I said to DS, "I can't believe my baby is playing lacrosse for his high school! Where did the time go?" To which he looked at me and replied, "Don't talk at all when we get inside." I pretended I was mad when he said that but I wasn't. I like when he thinks I'll embarrass him in public...even though I NEVER have!

I think you seriously overreacted and threateneing to pull him out of his school for his comment isn't very mature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)