Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy crap what a morning

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

so yesterday dh just after we got home but before we got in the house dh asked me to run back to the car to grab something and he handed me his keys. mine were in the house.  when i got back in the house one of my foster kitties was acting really sick so things were a lil hectic.  usually dh's keys go on the coffee table.  cats doing better but this morning comes and dh goes to grab his keys and they are not there. so i start looking everywhere and i can't find them. i literally tore up my living room.  so then dh says just get me yours. i go to where i keep mine and they are missing.  so i start to really freak out that both ourkeys are missing its the only keys to the car we are parked on the wrong side of the street alt side parking.  eventually he has to call a cab to get to work. my house looks like a teenage girls bedroom when looking for an outfit to a special occaison. after about an hour of looking i text my dd to ask her if she knows where they are.  it was a last ditch effort.  she responds with on the hook on the wall in the hall.  several years ago i put up hooks on the wall for keys. but they tend to fall off so i stopped bothering to do so there is only 2 of 5 hooks left.  dh and i must of passed them 100 times never noticing where they were. apparently ds thought he would straighten up the living room since we were dealing with a sick kitty and put them on the wall.   guess its time for a serious de clutter cause i have way to much crap in this house. lol   probably going to get the ticket since i can't drive and can't move the car and dh left in a cab.  but at least i don't have to call a locksmith

by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ceremony
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Wow.  It sounds like a laugh is in order when the days is done.  Not having to call locksmith is the brightside.

Sydel
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I lose keys and cell phone all the time. We have a key rack that I don't use. So I never think to look there and that's usually where dh has put them. LOL I put a Sherlock lanyard on them to make them easier to find. It's not helping so I may add another 1-2 to help.

Msgme
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM

woo hoo no tickets.   everything turned out good.  i even found some stuff i was missing.

proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:27 PM
So glad I'm not the only one!
My daughter mentioned we needed bar soap in the bathroom and she knew I had bought some. Found it on the table in the living room. I thought I had left it on bar.
We moved from a 3 bed 2 bath in December to a 2 bed 1 bath. I still haven't found homes for everything.
I seriously need to do spring cleaning.
My microwave is in my bedroom because there was already one here.
jewels.unicorn
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Whoops!

That's actually funny, I couldn't find the butter in the fridge b/c I'd finally decluttered that the other day & put the butter where it was supposed to be but kept looking right past it, knowing there was no way it would be where it belonged! lol

We have the key hooks that we never use. The days we can't find the keys - they're usually on those hooks thanks to our helpful kids too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)