Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe.....updated with pic

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

That my baby girl got her drivers license today!!!  Damn I feel old!  I also can't believe how much our car insurance went up.  I about had a heart attack when I saw the number!!  But, I'm so proud of her!

by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sydel
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2015 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL Congrats. I work in insurance and I have the pleasure of telling parents all the time of the increase. They are considered minors until the age of 25 in Ohio. 

If she has  a 3.0 or higher you can get a good student discount. Also if you don't plan on buying her  her own car you may want to look into switching companies. Buckeye State Mutual and a few others don't charge for the minor driver if they don't have a car. Example 2 cars 3 drivers. The 3rd driver is considered a permissive use driver. The insurance company acknowledges that she will only be driving a few hours a week and will either waive the charge or charge very little.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2015 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome.  I was happy when mine did so I didn't have to be Mom's taxi anymore and my oldest could drive the youngest till she got her license.  My oldest turns 25 in a year.  She is so excited to have her insurance go down, but not thrilled that she has 2 years and she is off dh's medical insurance.  

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I know it's CRAZY!!!  We did buy a 3rd vehicle, so yea that brought it up as well.  I was told that girls insurance is higher now because of texting and driving.  I can believe it.  Although she knows how bad that is and swears she won't ever do that, in her words "Mom, I"m not an idiot".  Well ok, I never thought she was lol.  I just don't know where the time went.  My oldest is 21, but he can't drive because he's legally blind, my daughter is also looking forward to helping him out and driving him places lol.  She's such a sweet girl.  It's funny, because as excited I am about her driving, my anxiety level because of it is through the roof now!!  Ugh,  that's a moms world though lol.

sahlady
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah! Just remember keep taking deep breaths.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:57 AM

I made her text me when she got to school.  I have a feeling I'm going to be neurotic about this lol

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Congratulations!

My son just got his learners permit this week, I can't wait until he gets his license!
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I have a feeling that I'm going to love her driving!!!!  It's so nice!  She drove to school today, BUT, we are going to have wicked storms today.  That area got 6" of hail yesterday and massive flooding, so I will be driving her truck home lol. 

Quoting diaperstodating: Congratulations! My son just got his learners permit this week, I can't wait until he gets his license!

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM
My oldest can get his permit in a month. ...it scares me to death!!!
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Oh I get it!!!  You will be a bundle of nerves for the first month or so, then you will find yourself more relaxed!!

Quoting SnowWhieQueen: My oldest can get his permit in a month. ...it scares me to death!!!

KenneMaw
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Yay for your baby!!!!!!  My DD is 14 and can get her permit at 15 YIKES!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)