Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first detention

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

dd got her first detention of her life today. she and two of her friends got a detention for talking. she's livid and swears she wasn't talking. the teacher happens to be one of my favorite teachers when i was in high school. so i messaged him on fb and asked his side of the story jokingly. i told dd it was forty minutes, she's fine; not dying. and to maybe sit somewhere else. 

how did your kids first detention go?

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM

My youngest never had one ever.  

Oldest had one each middle school year.  Once it was my fault.  She got detention for me not signing a paper fast enough, lol.  

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Mine never had a real after school detention. Apparently she was bad but never bad enough.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:24 PM

older two never had a real detention. dd did ask the asst principal for one just so shecould see what it was like.  younger dd was the first to ever get one but it was an in school suspension rather than just a detention.  it was an incident that happnd outside of school not on school property and it was long after school was over. She's had a few since then  lol 

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Younger daugher and her guy got caught talking near the end of 7th grade.

All four got caught talking in high school classes twice during 9th grade (different classes). 

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 6:53 AM
Three teens-- no detentions here.
Maime13
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM

4 kids, no detentions. *knock wood*

Of course, I'm not even sure if detentions are a thing at any of my kid's school. LOL

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:55 AM
Like after school ? No

I'm sure that he has been in a class that had a 'class detention' before but that is over break or part of lunch
Sarahm2000
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Mine has got a couple. Last one was last year. Sge and a boy were joking around and she playfully kicked him. He was joking and acted like she had hurt him and she got detention. He tried to tell the teacher but she threatened to give him one too. He apologized to my daughter. I could have probably gotten her out of it but it's 40 minutes of her life and I try not to go to school about things unless they are severe.
awbredux
by Allie on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM

My older daughter, now in 8th, hasn't ever gotten a detention (unlike her mom at that age!).  My younger daughter, in 5th, has come to feel right at home in the principal's office over the past few years!   

Sydel
by Group Admin on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM

My dd has never had detention. But she's only in 8th so who knows what the future holds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)