Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

late start days

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you schools have late start days?  The middle school will have a monday 1-2 times a month that starts at 10am.  Love it!  The h.s. has a wednesday 1-2 times a month that starts late... not sure what time.

Anyway.... this coming monday is a late start day and I just think it is fantastic timing.  It is always hard to get the kids moving on time the day after changing the clocks forward - kwim?

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Msgme
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM

well maddy starts school later every tues and thursday.  She doesnt have a 1st period class so tues and thursday she does not have to be in school till 10.   Joe has short days on wednesday.  he only has a cpl classes this semester and is out by 11:30 everyday but wednesday which he gets out at 11 on that day. 

our middle school has no short days.  8:00-2:20 5 days a week.  

Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Middle school and high school start at 8:25 and Elementary starts at 8:10 am.

No late starts. I have to be at work at 8:30 and am a mornign person. I've never had issues with getting the kids up. I've already started waking up everyone early to adjust to the time change. Not sure I would like a late start. In the winter when there are delays dh handles getting them to school and they usually look like they got hit by a bus.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:53 PM

No but they do have an hour early release every Wednesday. 

momtimesx4
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Sometimes, usually when bad weather hits.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM

We never had late start days ever in Wisconsin.  We had some in other states.  HS starts at 7:20 am in Wisconsin.  Also we never have 2 hour delays for weather.  They either have the day off which is rare, OR they go all day.  

Pukalani79
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:24 AM
One of the districts in our area has them almost every Wednesday. The other does early release on Wednesdays
zoo003
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:48 AM

No, my kids do not have late start.  However, on Wednesdays, my youngest gets out at 1 instead of 3 (he attends a charter school).  My high school kids attend a charter school where they usually have a 4 day school week (a couple times a year they have a 5 day school week).

However, I do know that our public schools have late-start Fridays. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 4:45 AM

We don't have late start in my area. We start super early two days a week (7.35 start) in order to finish by 11am on a Thursday. Different schools do different times/days.

Lynn750
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM
My kids go to the same school, but my 6th grader starts at 8:10 and my 8th grader starts at 7:45. They both get out at 2:40. They do have half days about once a month and get out at 11:40.

I'm SO glad we don't have late start days and never switch our clocks! What a useless, outdated tradition! I would hate to have to change our routine around to accommodate weird late days!!!
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Every Monday for us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)