Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you pay for your kids haircut

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 AM
  • 27 Replies
Maddy comes to me telling me she wants a haircut and I need to give her money. Then she goes on to tell me I need to give her $250 for her haircut. That can not be the avg going rate.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
okpondlady
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

My boy's is $15.00.   It has been quite awhile since I paid for my DD's to have a haircut.. I don't remember.  Not more than $50.

Quoting Msgme: Maddy comes to me telling me she wants a haircut and I need to give her money. Then she goes on to tell me I need to give her $250 for her haircut. That can not be the avg going rate.

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:57 AM
Well until they were in middle school I paid nothing and did it myself. The boys after that buzzed their heads. My daughter gets her hair cut maybe 2 times a year and it's roughly $20 for a cut and wash. Now I have allowed her to get highlights because I could afford it and that was $150.
ame4c
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:58 AM
For $250 she should be getting color, cut, wash, and possibly permed.
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM

Haircut only?  $50 for dd's.  

I pay around $210 for haircut, highlights and color on my roots.  

Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Mobile Photo

This is basically what she wants. In style tho not color. She just had it colored so all she needs is cut.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM

Sasha gets her hair professionally dyed. So I have dropped around $200 the last two times she went to the salon. However that's for a deep conditioning, cut, color, and style.

To just do her split ends and nothing else it woudl be around $15. Dd only goes to the salon twice a year.

She is going to get a sew in this summer and that will probably run me a few hundred. $100-200 for the hair and $85-100 to get it put in.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM

My friend's dd has a similar cut except the longer parts are blue. And the shaved part goes up more.

They have a barber do the cut for $20. Her mom does the coloring herself. Her hair lifts color really well.

Quoting Msgme:

Mobile Photo

This is basically what she wants. In style tho not color. She just had it colored so all she needs is cut.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM
Like someon else said, that is about what I pay for cut and color. My kids now go to an actual Solon and thier cuts are about $80. But at school my son found a cheaper place.

The cut is really cute btw! I can see how you would want to go to someone good. But that cut will need a lot of upkeep, which I'm sure you're aware of. Is she/are you willing to pay that every 6 weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:40 AM
6 weeks is about how long she will keep it before wanting something new. We have a really good family friend who is a stylist and really good so she usually has him do it for her. He neve charges tho so that's probably why I'm freaking out about the price.

Quoting sahlady: Like someon else said, that is about what I pay for cut and color. My kids now go to an actual Solon and thier cuts are about $80. But at school my son found a cheaper place.

The cut is really cute btw! I can see how you would want to go to someone good. But that cut will need a lot of upkeep, which I'm sure you're aware of. Is she/are you willing to pay that every 6 weeks?
sahlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:42 AM
Would love to see it once she gets it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)