Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Entitled Petty Rude Mom

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am HOT right now. As many of you know I am the president of PTO. And I helped raise a lot of money over the last two years.

It was decided for the 8th grade trip since more than half the students qualified for grant money towards the costs that PTO would give money towards the less than 30% who did not qualify.

Last month I cut a check for $4,600 and mailed it to the company with a list of the kids who did not qualify for the grant.Those students had $100 applied towards their balence.

It was announced to parents that those who qualified for the grant woudl be getting $150 ea HOWEVER the school is waiting on the check from the foundation. Apparently we received the award letter but not the check. A LETTER was sent home stating as such and it was mentioned at our LAST meeting and I put it on the facebook event page for the trip.

So you can imagine how caught off guard I was when a mom who I have known for years randomly sends the middle school page a bitchy message.

- H isn't going she qualifies for a national gymnastics meet and that's way more important than this stupid school trip-

- Okay if you already sent in a deposit you will need to notify the school and trip compnay. Good luck to her-

-I'm going to be honest with you I'm really pissed at how shady this entire thing has gone. PTO showed favortism and only gave money to certian kids. They lied and said that we were all suppose to get money but my dd never got anything in her account. I could probably afford both the national meet in California and this bullshit DC trip but I refuse to give any more of my money to shady liers-

- There was no favortism shown. The PTO check just went out sooner than the grant check. It was explained in writing and at the meetings that the kids who qualified for the grant will recieve $150 each towards their account and they will. There was just a delay. Nothing shady and no lies. PTO is also providing two t-shirts to ALL the students to wear on the trip. -

- I don't really care what the fuck you say. My kid isn't going inform the appropriate people and tell them to give me my money back-

- I don't know who you think you are talking to but I'm a parent just like you. I will not notify anyone for you. As an adult and parent you can contact the appropriate people which would be the trip company and/or the school pricipal directly. -

Damn that escaladed quickly. It pissed me off beyond words as well. I couldn't even sleep last night. I was so mad at the fact that I've busted ass and this woman has the nerve to get nasty over the delay in her getting her FREE MONEY. Also how can you qualify for a grant for being poor yet sit here and tell me you can swing a trip to both Cali and DC if you wanted to??

And this woman is on my friend's list on facebook! I am always watching her go out to eat, take trips with her family of 7, and she just bought a new house!!! She had no right applying for that grant money. (We did not double check incomes we asked people to be honest) Apparently either she wasn't honest or she's just full of shit and is living beyond her means.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM

OMG, I cannot stand people like that woman but this is the high and mighty entitled way some people are now.  

Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:29 AM

She is the reason why people are voting for Trump. Just saying. I can understand the fustration of people who seem to always have their hand out and expect things to be given to them rather than appreicate what they have received. And she's raising 5 kids to act just like her.

Quoting atlmom2:

OMG, I cannot stand people like that woman but this is the high and mighty entitled way some people are now.  

Gmm73
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Wtf is wrong with some parents these days??
What a bitch! Just grand she's also raising 5 future little bitches or bastards that think this sort of behaviour is ok...smh

Get sleep tonight Mrs PTO President - YOU'VE done the right thing, and congrats to you and the PTO for putting forward the money for the poor kids (& their familes) that stood to be left out.

She isn't worth your time...let karma take care of her for you :)
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:23 AM
While I agree her total attitude and behavior are over the top inappropriate and you have a right to be pissed, maybe buying a new house has put them in a bind?

Your response was professional and right on. You know she is a drama mama so drop it and don't give it another thought. Definitely not worth losing sleep over.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM

I know me knowing about the house isn't fair for me to judge or make assumptions about her finances or life style. But she got under my skin. I feel better now that I was able to vent. I know for a fact her kid has already been to DC. They went last years as a family when we went to Hershey for twirl. So I can understand her pulling her dd and using the money towards the gymanstics trip instead. I just don't understand why she had to be a jerk about it. I got this message at 10:30 pm at night. Not how I wanted to end my day but I'm good now.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: While I agree her total attitude and behavior are over the top inappropriate and you have a right to be pissed, maybe buying a new house has put them in a bind? Your response was professional and right on. You know she is a drama mama so drop it and don't give it another thought. Definitely not worth losing sleep over.

lizzig
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM

sadly there will always be people like that in the world.  sad that she felt the need to apply for something she truly didn't need not being concerned that he application may take away from those that truly need the help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)