Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your seniors allowed to…

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM
  • 19 Replies
Decorate their mortarboards for graduation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM

My daughter's school doesn't do cap and gowns.  And I'm disappointed about it.  

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM
I have no idea. I hope not though,lol. I hate the look of them and want to take some nice pictures.
I'm sure my son wouldn't want to, even if allowed.
Maime13
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:15 PM

No, they are not. It would be sort of pointless as the graduates sit on a stage in front of a theater of people. So no one would be able to see them.

my2kidsmom9498
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM
No.
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Not at our school.  Girls have to wear dresses and guys a shirt and tie under their gowns.  This is a public school also.  

sahlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We have no dress code under the cap and gown.  But they do have to have clothes on under it.... lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

Not at our school.  Girls have to wear dresses and guys a shirt and tie under their gowns.  This is a public school also.  

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Yes, I have heard stories of some wearing "birthday suits" under their gown--LOL.  Is that common in California--LOL?

Quoting sahlady:

We have no dress code under the cap and gown.  But they do have to have clothes on under it.... lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

sahlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:11 PM
LoL.... No that was just me trying to make a funny

Quoting Kimmybabe:

Yes, I have heard stories of some wearing "birthday suits" under their gown--LOL.  Is that common in California--LOL?

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM

I was joking also, but I have heard of it happening--nude below the gown. 

Not such a surprise as I have seen some show up for graduation so bombed that they might not even know that they failed to dress below.  I even recall a few from my high school class that some of us wondered how they would make it across the stage. 

Quoting sahlady: LoL.... No that was just me trying to make a funny
Quoting Kimmybabe:

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting atlmom2:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:25 PM
No.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)