Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was so afraid of this happening

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
All 3,kids graduate on the same day. I'm not sure what time Maddy's is but tori and Joe at the exact same time at two different places a good 45 minutes away from eachother.
by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM

I can't even imagine having to deal with that.  Just crazy.  

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I have heard of this happening to grandparents but usually it doesn't happen to parents as the kids are usually at the same school. Usually each grandparent goes to a different graduation. 

Come back and tell us how you worked it out.

Msgme
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
If my sister can get the day off of work I'm thinking of sending her,my step mom (who can't get there on her own) and Maddy (if her school sticks with tradion and does hers in the evening) to Tori's and they will videotape. Me and dh will go to joes and videotape and then Joe and tori can come to their sisters. We will do our traditional lunch after the first two but before Maddy's. This was Tori's suggestion since hers is only middle school. I swear on my mothers grave if this happens again when its college and hs I will break lol

Quoting Kimmybabe:

I have heard
of this happening to grandparents but usually it doesn't happen to parents as the kids are usually at the same school. Usually each grandparent goes to a different
graduation. 

Come back and tell us how
you worked it out.

pdxmum
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 3:06 AM

I don't recal hearing about Jo.  What grade is he?  So a senior and a middle schooler?  8th grade or 9th grade?

Maime13
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM

Yikes!! DH and I were just talking about this yesterday as DS1 and DS3 are on track to graduate (college and HS, respectively) two years from now. One in another state.

Best of luck in finding the best solution!

Sydel
by Group Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 8:39 AM

That sucks balls...

There is no middle school graduation here. But still juggling the seniors would be a pain. I hope it all works out and the kids all understand. Keep us updated.

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 9:09 AM

wow! That's a no win. Sounds like you have a good but hectic plan. 

Msgme
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2016 at 9:44 AM
Joe is a high school senior. Who missed out on his junior high graduation due to the dept of end screw up. So its two highschool graduations and a middle school.

Quoting pdxmum:

I don't recal hearing about Jo.  What grade is he?  So a senior and a middle schooler?  8th grade or 9th grade?

Msgme
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I was worried this was gonna happen its actually a lil better than expected cause joes school graduates in bklyn usually late afternoon starting about an hour before Maddy's who graduates in a Manhattan location. So with his happening at 9 means I can be at his and Maddy's. As much as I don't want to miss Tori's its been a long hard road to get joe to graduate.

Quoting Sydel:

That sucks balls...

There is no middle school graduation here. But still juggling the seniors would be a pain. I hope it all works out and the kids all understand. Keep us updated.

iwashere
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM

This is why I have one kid. LOL. Not really, but having an only child is very handy when I hear stories like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)