Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally! At last!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter is asking to drive!   It was like pulling teeth to get her to get her learners permit.  The anxiety of the thought of driving was overwhelming for her.  Then we had to postpone  the behind the wheel training portion last summer because she dislocated her knee the night before the test for the classroom training portion.  She wore a knee brace from her hip to her ankle for most of the summer and then she started her senior year so we never go much behind the wheel practice until this spring when I finally got her out of the neighborhood.  Tuesday she drove on the interstate!  I've been letting her do the driving whenever we've been out but today I started out driving.  As we were leaving Walmart, she asked if she could drive!  I think she's beginning to enjoy driving!

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwashere
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to both of you! It's awesome that she was able to overcome her fears and get out there. way to go

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds Awesome as scary as it is.   LOL

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Gasp. Lol
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 5, 2016 at 1:50 AM
Awesome. I couldn't wait till I wasn't Mom's taxi anymore. Also liked when the oldest could drive the youngest too.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 1:53 AM

We're not quite there yet.  I'm hoping in another month she'll be ready to take her behind the wheel test at DMV.  Knowing my kid, though,  it'll be December or January.  *sigh*  The only thing she's done early in her life was birth.  She decided to come at 37 weeks and 3 days.  

Quoting atlmom2: Awesome. I couldn't wait till I wasn't Mom's taxi anymore. Also liked when the oldest could drive the youngest too.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Aug. 5, 2016 at 9:32 AM

OMG the interstate! I'm not ready for any of this. Glad to hear she's starting to be more proactive in learning.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 9:39 AM

We were coming home from the SPCA downtown.  They had an informational session for volunteers.  I really wasn't thinking, I just plugged in 'home' to the garmin.  And when I realized it was taking us on the interstate, I told her that she could pull over to the side of the road and I would drive.  She insisted she could do it!  It was after 7pm and rush hour was essentially over at that part of town so traffic was light.  I also have a bright yellow magnetic bumper sticker on the back of the car I found on amazon that says 'PLEASE BE PATIENT STUDENT DRIVER'.  She did great!

Quoting Sydel:

OMG the interstate! I'm not ready for any of this. Glad to hear she's starting to be more proactive in learning.

butzi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 19. He has been driving on his own since 17. He still has his student driver sign on his car. He says he likes it because people are polite and patient with him. ;)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

We were coming home from the SPCA downtown.  They had an informational session for volunteers.  I really wasn't thinking, I just plugged in 'home' to the garmin.  And when I realized it was taking us on the interstate, I told her that she could pull over to the side of the road and I would drive.  She insisted she could do it!  It was after 7pm and rush hour was essentially over at that part of town so traffic was light.  I also have a bright yellow magnetic bumper sticker on the back of the car I found on amazon that says 'PLEASE BE PATIENT STUDENT DRIVER'.  She did great!

Quoting Sydel:

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I may leave it on the car.  My town's share of a**hole drivers has increased over the years.

Quoting butzi: My son is 19. He has been driving on his own since 17. He still has his student driver sign on his car. He says he likes it because people are polite and patient with him. ;)
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Sydel:

Linagma03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:47 AM

That's good. 

I have a grandson that is 22 and finally got his license when he was 21 because he just never wanted to drive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)