Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's 14

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

Today's tori's 14th birthday.  YaY she's actually mad at me at the moment tho.  She wanted to go to camp today. Usually the birthay child spends the day with me and we go to breakfast and just hang out. I dont usually handle change in tradition well but I was perfectly okay with it.  She'll have more fun with her friends. she didnt want a party so it was a great idea.   I asked her yesterday what time she was coming home today.  So that we can have a small b-day thing at home  dinner and cake. asked her if she would be home by her 8pm curfew or earlier.  she tells me probably earlier.  great. well a lil bit later she comes and says she's going to the feast .(told not asked)  this is something we do yearly but we always go on friday when its more fun.  (when the DJ is there)  She doesnt want to go with me she wants to go with her friends.  Again totally cool idea. So i extend her curfew till 10.  Why is she mad you ask  cause i didnt extend the curfew till 1 am.  when i am there with her i dont make her stay with me  I let her do her own thing and she just checks in randomly.  Its not that its unsafe but its not the safest either.  They do sell alcohol and i've witnessed a few unsavory drunk ppl. Last year i went with her and 23 of her friends that i was ultimatley responsible for.  but she wants to go, come home at 1 am and have 0 adult supervision.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM
Ty

Quoting romalove:

Happy birthday to your daughter!

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Happy Birthday Tori!
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Awwww.  They grow up (and gain attitudes) so fast!!!

momandad
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Happy birthday to Tori!
Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They do but it's amazing how cold hard cash as a gift can erase the attitude lol now I'm the best mom ever lol

Quoting chicken13:

Awwww.  They grow up (and gain attitudes) so fast!!!

Linagma03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Wouldn't happen in this house either. The 10 curfew is a good one depending on who my kid was going with I might, just might extend it to 11 but that would really depend on who she was going to be with. Her chances would've been slim tho. Being out til 1 with no adults no way, no how, not happening sweet cheeks! My girls hated it when I called them sweet cheeks because they knew that meant if they continued they would get told they couldn't go period. lol!

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Happy Birthday to Tori!!!!!!

Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I was never gonna say yes. I don't think she ever actually expected me to say yes. She decided to just hang out with some friends and they went shoppingand she treated a cpl friends to Mani's. She did ask if I would let her keep the extended curfew and I said yes. So she had fun. I baked a cake from scratch. (My 2nd from scratch) I even made the butter lol. She got some cash and has a larger group of friends going to the feast with her tomorrow. Plus I'll be there with her sister and my friend and well stay out late lol

Quoting Linagma03:

Wouldn't happen in this house either. The 10 curfew is a good one depending on who my kid was going with I might, just might extend it to 11 but that would really depend on who she was going to be with. Her chances would've been slim tho. Being out til 1 with no adults no way, no how, not happening sweet cheeks! My girls hated it when I called them sweet cheeks because they knew that meant if they continued they would get told they couldn't go period. lol!

Ziva65
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 1:17 AM

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

no on the 1 am thing. 

She's 14. Not 18. 

10 is fine. Does your city have a curfew? Who is driving her? Our city's curfew is 10 pm, unless kids are working or have a good excuse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)