Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OFF topic Sad News

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

I just got news that my brother who lives in florida has been arrested on two counts of aggravated assualt with a deadly firearm.   I don't know the actual detials of what happend but the case says deadly firearm so i'm assuming that means Gun.  which due to my brothers mental illness is not suppose to have but his wife kept guns in the house anway.  So i know he had access.  As far as i know no one is actually hurt but he was arrested and will be in court again early september.  they have a bond on him but it says for each count so im guessing that means double bond

Im reading stuff online and it says he could get 20 years in prison.   which is just scary. He supposedly threatened his wife and their roomate.  which the suspicious part is that in the 4 days he's been gone she managed to get the lease out of his name (not that i blame her)  and she and the roomate have purchased a vehicle together.  He has a history of being harmful to himself he's never been violent to another person before.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.  

Sounds like the wife and the roommate might be shacking up and that might have pushed your brother over the edge.  

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Gentle hugs to you and your family!!!

romalove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.
iwashere
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:13 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs to you.

Linagma03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM

I'm sorry. Big HUGS! 

The wife keeping the guns in the house was just asking for trouble. Like chicken13 said maybe what pushed him over was that his wife and roommate had something going on.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone I'm still trying to put all the pieces together. Seems to be a big web of mess. My aunt is the only one who has spoken to him. She spoke to him some time right after the incident and she thinks he had a psycotic break. We have decided not to bail him out unless we can get him into a hospital. If he's released he will have no where to go and it could get worse. He suffers from schizoid affective disorder they were having some issues with his meds a cpl months ago and he was in the hospital not long before this happened.
RockChar
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM

I'm so sorry ((hugs))

Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
He's retired military so he had several weapons but PA courts said he couldn't keep them so she took ownership. He has attempted to hurt himself several times. He has a diagnosed mental disorder but since moving to Florida he's been having trouble with his meds. I havnt spoken to him since October.

Quoting Linagma03:

I'm sorry. Big HUGS! 

The wife keeping the guns in the house was just asking for trouble. Like chicken13 said maybe what pushed him over was that his wife and roommate had something going on.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:31 AM

I hope they are able to get him to the hospital and get his meds situated.

Hugs.

hotspice58
by Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:35 AM

I'm sorry.  What mental illness is he diagnosed with? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)