• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanti g a care pkg

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
Maddy called yesterday asking when were we going to send her a care pkg. She's been at school two weeks. I asked her what she wanted and she wasnts a USB cable for her printer, Chinese slippers and stuff. I'm supposed to know what stuff is. She also spent $70 on a mani /pedi and she's asking her dad (cause he won't say no) for money.

Did I mention its been two weeks.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM

A friend of mine had a care package party when our oldests went off freshman year.  The idea was that everyone invited bring 10 of one or two items.  We would drink wine, swap stores about move in, catch up and make packages.  Thing that were brought: hand sanitizer, tampons, condoms (lol), chap-stick, gum, starbucks cards, etc.

I usually send my kids a care package for Halloween (beginning of oct because it has decorations in it), autumn, finals, valentine, one miscellaneous, and finals again.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Lol its two weeks in she can't be out if anything yet. She does need a USB cable but she could pick it up herself. The store was next to the nail salon lol. Chinese slippers I'm sure she's running low on so maybe that. They don't have 99cent stores where she is. She's just being lazy lol

I'm at the 99cent store now picking up the slippers. Lol

Quoting sahlady:

A friend of mine had a care package party when our oldests went off freshman year.  The idea was that everyone invited bring 10 of one or two items.  We would drink wine, swap stores about move in, catch up and make packages.  Thing that were brought: hand sanitizer, tampons, condoms (lol), chap-stick, gum, starbucks cards, etc.

I usually send my kids a care package for Halloween (beginning of oct because it has decorations in it), autumn, finals, valentine, one miscellaneous, and finals again.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

what are Chinese slippers?  I must be thinking of something else because you cant "run out of" what Im imagining.

btw... when ever I send a care package to my daughter I take all the tampons out of the box and use them as filler/cushion.  Works great.

Quoting Msgme: Lol its two weeks in she can't be out if anything yet. She does need a USB cable but she could pick it up herself. The store was next to the nail salon lol. Chinese slippers I'm sure she's running low on so maybe that. They don't have 99cent stores where she is. She's just being lazy lol I'm at the 99cent store now picking up the slippers. Lol
Quoting sahlady:

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Mobile Photo

She calls them chinese slippers because they sell them in the Chinese owned 99cent stores here. Its pretty much the only thing she wears on her feet from April to November they are made cheaply so she goes thru them quickly. She only took about 3 pairs with her.

Quoting sahlady:

what are Chinese slippers?  I must be thinking of something else because you cant "run out of" what Im imagining.

btw... when ever I send a care package to my daughter I take all the tampons out of the box and use them as filler/cushion.  Works great.

Quoting Msgme: Lol its two weeks in she can't be out if anything yet. She does need a USB cable but she could pick it up herself. The store was next to the nail salon lol. Chinese slippers I'm sure she's running low on so maybe that. They don't have 99cent stores where she is. She's just being lazy lol

Quoting sahlady:

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok this is really weird. I was just coming on to make a post about care packages!
I'll still make it. Lol
coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:07 PM
It's a NYC thing! I loved the ones made of fabric with a strap when I was little.

Quoting Msgme:

Mobile Photo

She calls them chinese slippers because they sell them in the Chinese owned 99cent stores here. Its pretty much the only thing she wears on her feet from April to November they are made cheaply so she goes thru them quickly. She only took about 3 pairs with her.

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting Msgme: Lol its two weeks in she can't be out if anything yet. She does need a USB cable but she could pick it up herself. The store was next to the nail salon lol. Chinese slippers I'm sure she's running low on so maybe that. They don't have 99cent stores where she is. She's just being lazy lol

Quoting sahlady:

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:10 PM
That sounds cute and fun!

Quoting sahlady:

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I rarely sent care packages and usually only when she had to have something.  When she got her car I never sent one other than cupcakes from Georgetown cupcakes for her B'day.  

I would see my dd in Oct. Nov and Dec so no need for any really.  

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:31 PM
This was my train of thought till she called. I'll see her in two weeks but ill send her some stuff.

Quoting atlmom2:

I rarely sent care packages and usually only when she had to have something.  When she got her car I never sent one other than cupcakes from Georgetown cupcakes for her B'day.  

I would see my dd in Oct. Nov and Dec so no need for any really.  

Sydel
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:59 PM

LMBO Chinese slippers and stuff. I have a feeling Sasha would totally do this. When my old boss's son went to college 1 hour away she would seriously leave work at 3 so that she could run him stuff to "save" on mailing it. Then she would rush to be back by dinner so her dh didn't know she left. 

I would have to tell him she was with a client when he called. SMH...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)