Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care packages!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM
  • 34 Replies
What have you sent, if anything?
Is it stuff they asked for, needed supplies, things left behind at home or just because you were thinking of them?
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM
I've already sent a few packages.
One was just a box of forgotten items and miscellaneous things I thought he might need. He left his wrist watch, cologne, favorite lanyards, some blister bandaids (marching band) his forgotten sewing kit.
Amazon prime pantry has been my new friend. His long hours(many nights till 10:30pm) have not allowed him to go to the supermarket so we just ordered a case of water, case of soda cans, some treats(his room is the late night hangout), and few boxes cereal.
Another was a welcome package through the school.
Another was a long Ethernet cable, shirt ethernet cable, a Ethernet /usb port adapter, and a new otter box for his phone(he had my old one)
Today I just mailed him a couple of comfy slippers. He has always hated slippers and said he only wanted to wear his sports flip flops in the dorm. Well thanks to the very long hours on his feet for marching band he and his roommate have developed several blisters on their feet. He said he was wishing he had listened to me and had bought some.I just texted him so that he would know to expect them and he was thrilled! Lol
That's it though, I'm done. I'll won't mail anything else for a while.
beaches10
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM
I've sent a couple boxes since DD started college in early August. They included things like bags of her favorite candies, a couple of gift cards, some forgotten items, notes with funny stories from home.

I remember how I loved getting those care packages back in the day!
coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Awesome! Has she loved them?
I love getting that text at midnight from him saying "Wow mom thanks! or "you're the best!" Lol

Quoting beaches10: I've sent a couple boxes since DD started college in early August. They included things like bags of her favorite candies, a couple of gift cards, some forgotten items, notes with funny stories from home.

I remember how I loved getting those care packages back in the day!
Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM
I wasnt planning on it just yet but she needs some stuff and she's too lazy to go get them. Snack wise I bought her enough to last till may and they just went shopping but she wants stuff. So I guess I'll go to the grocery store. I bought some if the slippers she wants. Grabbed some hand sanitizer and some closet deoderizers. A USB cable and no idea what else to send. The only thing she forgot was a pair.of high heels that her podiatrist said.not to wear. She has a ton of time on her hands not like she's too busy but lol.
romalove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:05 PM

What is she taking that she has a ton of time on her hands?  

Quoting Msgme: I wasnt planning on it just yet but she needs some stuff and she's too lazy to go get them. Snack wise I bought her enough to last till may and they just went shopping but she wants stuff. So I guess I'll go to the grocery store. I bought some if the slippers she wants. Grabbed some hand sanitizer and some closet deoderizers. A USB cable and no idea what else to send. The only thing she forgot was a pair.of high heels that her podiatrist said.not to wear. She has a ton of time on her hands not like she's too busy but lol.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM
English comp 2, live theatre, history of rock, media, and philosophy.

She hasn't really had much homework. She did have to read a play for philosophy but she not only read it before but she directed it as well as played one of the characters before. She had to write a paper for english but she said she could of done that in her sleep. For now she has tons of free time.

She has no classes before 12 and nothing after 4.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Msgme: I wasnt planning on it just yet but she needs some stuff and she's too lazy to go get them. Snack wise I bought her enough to last till may and they just went shopping but she wants stuff. So I guess I'll go to the grocery store. I bought some if the slippers she wants. Grabbed some hand sanitizer and some closet deoderizers. A USB cable and no idea what else to send. The only thing she forgot was a pair.of high heels that her podiatrist said.not to wear. She has a ton of time on her hands not like she's too busy but lol.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Not there yet. But my dad just sends money. That seems to be the only thing a 19 year old male needs.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:20 PM
She hit her dad up for money. She had $500 two weeks ago. Day she moved in she had $200 of her own, the boy gave her $200 cause he couldn't think of a gift and we gave her another $100.

I know she spent some on the girlfriend but ordering the girl pizza couldn't of been that expensive. She did spend $70 on a Mani/pedi lol.

Quoting Sydel:

Not there yet. But my dad just sends money. That seems to be the only thing a 19 year old male needs.

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM
Wow that's great. She does have a lot of free time. Probably has more time to shop than you do. Yeah, I think I'd be sending her to get her own stuff too if I were you. Lol

Quoting Msgme: English comp 2, live theatre, history of rock, media, and philosophy.

She hasn't really had much homework. She did have to read a play for philosophy but she not only read it before but she directed it as well as played one of the characters before. She had to write a paper for english but she said she could of done that in her sleep. For now she has tons of free time.

She has no classes before 12 and nothing after 4.

Quoting romalove:

Debmomto2teens
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM

She was just home and is close enough I can swing by and drop stuff off. I am to cheap to mail something when she is so close.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)