Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

email question

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does your childs school assign them email accounts? I just found out dd's school does. 

I only found out from an automated phone message from the principal because the system was hacked and the entire student body received recipes for bombs from the anarchist cookbook, death threats and messages telling them to kill themselves. DD said she never checks her school email and hadn't seen them. The message was just to assure parents that they were on it and taking it seriously. 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:53 PM

dd's school does.  It's her primary account and she uses it for all her school and sport related stuff.  She has a secondary account she uses for shopping, sales and stuff...

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes but it works with other students' school accounts, not outside emails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Yeah, I would be surprised if there was a school that didn't.
RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Our old school district didn't. They had something just like the parent portal to see grades, assignments, attendance, and discipline but no email. Guessing this is probably in school only. 

Quoting cybcm: Yeah, I would be surprised if there was a school that didn't.

Debmomto2teens
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:28 PM
Yes.
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM

yes for high school, but it's only internal to the school/ teachers.

My college age son has one that works wiht everything, but they also have alot of controls/ IT controls, etc. 

Neither are my kids' primary emails, we have them under our accounts as well, and they have a few others, like for google etc. 

Maime13
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Yes the all get emails that are their name @ their school's name.

They use it for all school related communication. I think it's a regular email though. I mean, I send things to them using their school email just so I know they see it...since they are expected to be checking that one.

Maime13
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Oh, they have that too. It's a portal for students and parents. I'm pretty sure it looks the same for both of us, not student or parent specific.

Quoting RaeMarie:

Our old school district didn't. They had something just like the parent portal to see grades, assignments, attendance, and discipline but no email. Guessing this is probably in school only. 

Quoting cybcm: Yeah, I would be surprised if there was a school that didn't.

andreamarie
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Omg. Our kids school has the same system.
MissAndree
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)