Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trick or Treating

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

At what age do your kids stop trick or  treating?

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:47 AM
Mine stopped freshman year. They had parties instead and we were gone a lot of Halloweens. Fall break was usually on Halloween a lot.
KyliesMom5
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:52 AM
My daughter is 14 years old and I figured this would be her last year. But she decided not to go. Instead we put our fire pit in the front yard roasted marshmallows and waited to see if any trick or treaters came up our street.
RaeMarie
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Of the 29 kids we had trick or treat last night 3 were high schoolers. All 3 were really into their  costumes. DD went out just to walk around with her boyfriend. She only hit up the houses where we knew kids though. Lord knows my other 2 gathered enough for the whole family!

Carmel63
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:14 AM

I don't put any age on it.  My daughter went trick or treating as a senior in high school.  My son is not a fan of Halloween, and stopped going out while in elementary school.  I do not care how old anyone is that comes to my door.  

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM

The last time I our teens, now 23 and 24, went trick or treating in full costume was last year when they went out with the toddler grandsons .  The last time they went out for their own benefit, I think they were 14 and 15. This year they had evening classes, so hubby and I went out with the grandsons.  Fabulous night!!!! 

Halloween is a very special event in our house because eleven years ago these two little boys, now 23 and 24 and SILs, came to our house to pick up our daughters for a junior high Halloween dance.  We did not see that blessing coming at us-LOL.

Maime13
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This year was the first year none of mine went. 

DS3 is 16 and he went last year. When he came home he told me that it was the final year and indeed it was.

DD14 had planned to stay in last year but at the last minute decided to go with friends. Much like DS3, she was done with ToT forever by the time she got home. 

I can't remember for DS1. Probably around 13.

DS2 has never really been into it. He'd go for like, a half hour and then come home.

2pink1blue
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM

We have a standing reservation at a fun bistro in town with 5-7 other families. We meet, trick or treat and then sit down for dinner and drinks while the kids eat, talk, play and sort/share candy.  Last night, we were a group of 36...we had two 14-year olds, two 13-year olds, two 11-year olds and at least a dozen 10 and unders.  The oldest girls will be freshman next year and both are anticipating joining us again.  Hopefully, they do!

iwashere
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:58 AM

I can't remember, I think mine skipped a year in high school, but ended up trick or treating a couple of houses senior year. Last year, he just partied on campus in the dorms, but the year before he and a bunch of friends went to a haunted thing at an amusement park nearby.

This year, he went to class. Oh the joys of growing up. Lol.

lucky3x
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Okay, I feel better. I have told all of my teens that once they start high school, they are done trick or treating. By then they have parties and haunted houses to go to with friends.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 5:02 PM

They don't. Why would that? Dd went out on Saturday with a friend. Last night was the city wide trick or treat and she was invited by numerous kids both under and upper classman to go.

As long as they are dressed up and respectful I see no issue. I got a cotton candy stick from a house when I went out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)