Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Got That Varsity Letter!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM
  • 20 Replies
5 moms liked this

Okay SHE earned her letter. I received nothing. But I am one proud mama. With daughter being a freshman I did not expect her to earn her varsity letter.

At the awards banquet her coach said a few words about how she was the only girl. How she came to every practice. Tried like heck to recruit other girls and at one point brought 2-3 to practices with her. He talked about her improvement and since she played at two games where they placed she earned her varsity letter!

Also the course they play at has a list of student names and dd and a guest can golf there for free during the off season. (Dh was excited about that). 

They also did a big recognition for our scholar athletes. Those were kids who had a 3.0 or higher. They lined them up from 3.0 to 4.5. I think it really made dd feel good.

This is her and her coach. I told him all the moms in my mom group are gonna talk about how hot he is. He said to let everyone know he's married. You can look but not touch! LOL

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spmmmommie
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Please forgive my ignorance. But is this for football?
But Congratulations to your DD. That is awesome!
Sydel
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Golf

Quoting spmmmommie: Please forgive my ignorance. But is this for football? But Congratulations to your DD. That is awesome!

iwashere
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM

That's awesome! You need to get her a letters she jacket. Do they have those anymore?

eta: dear iPad, I hate you. S/b letterman's jacket.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Congrats!  It's exciting when they earn the varsity letters.  DS earned his first one as a freshman too, in swimming!  

Msgme
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM

thats awesome Congrats to her.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM

DD probably would have earned hers too. If she got her behind in the water! Waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa crying

Quoting heybooboo:

Congrats!  It's exciting when they earn the varsity letters.  DS earned his first one as a freshman too, in swimming!  

Sydel
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

She says she doesn't want one. I found out I can actually upcylce mine. Since she has my maiden name. I can pay $50 to get my lettering and patches removed. And her's added. Then just dry clean the coat.

But my coat is an Xl and she's an XS. Soooo yeah....

But we will see.

Quoting iwashere:

That's awesome! You need to get her a letters she jacket. Do they have those anymore?

eta: dear iPad, I hate you. S/b letterman's jacket.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Congrats!!!  Awesome!!

paigea
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Wow, good for her.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:11 PM

congrats that's awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)