Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: How do I give it to him?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
Thanks to my wonderful Mother I got Hubby tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on December 17th. (He has always wanted to go). I'm trying to decide when and how to give him the tickets. I was going to surprise him by just taking him there but I'm not sure what to tell him or how to make sure he doesn't have something else planned that day.
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM

For me I would just give them to him but that is me.  Maybe a week ahead so he doesn't plan something. 

LuvHugs429
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM
Just give them to him? No card or envelope?

Quoting atlmom2:

For me I would just give them to him but that is me.  Maybe a week ahead so he doesn't plan something. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably say this is a Christmas present if this is what it is.  I would probably have it in an envelope, or you could do a card if you want to.  I think you are over thinking this.  I always give gifts early a lot so this isn't new to me or our family.  

Quoting LuvHugs429: Just give them to him? No card or envelope?
Quoting atlmom2:

LuvHugs429
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Over thinking is a fault. It's just he works so hard, helps people and asks nothing in return, he tried surprising me with my 40th Surprise party, surprised me by flying my Mom out for my Birthday, I never do anything for his Birthday since my daughter's is 2 days after, plus his favorite Aunt passed away in November and his Mom is on him non stop to help her when she has 2 other son's and a lazy ass Fiancé that can also help her.

It's just Time he gets something for him. It is a Christmas Present from me for everything he does.

Quoting atlmom2:

I would probably say this is a Christmas present if this is what it is.  I would probably have it in an envelope, or you could do a card if you want to.  I think you are over thinking this.  I always give gifts early a lot so this isn't new to me or our family.  

Quoting atlmom2:

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I have taken my bunch to see them several times and my frien Kyle was a guitar tech for them. ( he recently passed away). I would just give him the tickets but to us this stuff is not a big deal. I just order tickets and we go...
cybcm
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd sticky tape the tickets to his back and see how long it takes him to figure out that they're there, but I'm really just an old child.
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

What about buying one of their CD or a video of a past concert as an early gift?  Put the tickets inside the case. 

iwashere
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I would make it special, because it is special. Maybe get some instrumental Christmas ornaments. Leave one on the drivers side of his car with a note that says "guess." Then more in other, obvious places (like pillow, hanging from the shower head, etc. each one has a clue of some sort. On the last one, have him open the tickets (or do the cd idea above).

Debmomto2teens
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I would make it special. It's more fun. After dinner one night, make his favorite dessert and have the tickets in an enveloped sticking out of the dessert or under the plate.

Quoting LuvHugs429: Over thinking is a fault. It's just he works so hard, helps people and asks nothing in return, he tried surprising me with my 40th Surprise party, surprised me by flying my Mom out for my Birthday, I never do anything for his Birthday since my daughter's is 2 days after, plus his favorite Aunt passed away in November and his Mom is on him non stop to help her when she has 2 other son's and a lazy ass Fiancé that can also help her.

It's just Time he gets something for him. It is a Christmas Present from me for everything he does.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting atlmom2:

LuvHugs429
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:20 AM
I'm sorry about your friend passing away. It's a big deal because we never go to concerts and Hubby has wanted to see this for a while

Quoting YuppyMom: I have taken my bunch to see them several times and my frien Kyle was a guitar tech for them. ( he recently passed away). I would just give him the tickets but to us this stuff is not a big deal. I just order tickets and we go...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)