Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little sad

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

So i get one of those notifications that i have a memory to look back on.  Several years ago i added this pic of tori to facecbook.

directly below this adorable pic of my baby was a pic she shared a cpl years ago.

Such a lovely (not) pic of her.  but then directly under that is her newest pic that is now her profile pic

this is just sad very very very sad :(   lol

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm at a loss as to why you would post pictures like these of your kids on the internet.  It's bad enough that your daughter posed like this, but you really should rethink how this makes you look as a parent and person when you put this online.

RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Kids just don't get the consequences of things like this. They think they are so cool but in reality, they aren't. 

iwashere
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Her manicure looks nice tho.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 PM
I don't think I view a picture with her middle finger up quite as bad as you do. Although saddened more that she's not my cute Lil girl anymore I'm not as upset as others might be.

Quoting mjande4:

I'm at a loss as to why you would post pictures like these of your kids on the internet.  It's bad enough that your daughter posed like this, but you really should rethink how this makes you look as a parent and person when you put this online.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
When her dad saw it his reaction. Was to tell her to be more Conservative she pointed out her nails were on point tho. Lol

Quoting iwashere:

Her manicure looks nice tho.

Megs_Mom1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 2:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, I wouldn't be okay with that and definitely wouldn't be sharing it.  But hey, that's just me.  Maybe I'm uptight, idk.  

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 14, 2017 at 2:43 AM

Quoting Megs_Mom1:

Yeah, I wouldn't be okay with that and definitely wouldn't be sharing it.  But hey, that's just me.  Maybe I'm uptight, idk.  

GaleJ
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 2:54 AM
She is young and probably hasn't given the postings a great deal of thought. That really is the problem though and such pictures can haunt one long after one is grown up.
RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM

We each have different ideas of what is acceptable. Whatever we post someone will judge. I posted a picture of ds using a plastic knife to spread cream cheese in dd hair when they were 3 and 1. I thought it was hilarious. This happened while I wen tto the bathroom. 2 people attacked me for my parenting. Just a couple weeks ago I shared a pic of dd16 where she looked way grown up and I got blasted by some family. So, if you don't find it offensive then why not post it?

Quoting Msgme: I don't think I view a picture with her middle finger up quite as bad as you do. Although saddened more that she's not my cute Lil girl anymore I'm not as upset as others might be.
Quoting mjande4:

Debmomto2teens
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no way I would share that picture. I have no doubt my dd curses in college. I'm not uptight about cursing. But, she won't do it around us and she wouldn't share a pic of her giving the middle finger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)