Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Consecutive Years Superior

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this

Saturday I traveled to Bowling Green with our orchestra to help chaperon their OMEA State Contest. We had the largest orchestra on site. 110 kids. It was very amusing helping them set up the chairs on stage. When I walked in the lady seemed pretty proud of the fact that they had 44 chairs already to go. They had to go to a different building to find chairs and stands for our kids.

I was salty that I was not allowed to take pictures/record in the warm up room or on stage. They played 3 incredibly beautiful pieaces that gave me goosebumps.

The kids also looked fab in their new uniforms. They played a high level of difficulty and recieved a superior rating which happens to be the 20th in a row!

I currently have a paint fundraiser going on right now. I'm going to set up a resturant night. Then that should be it for fundraisers for a while. Unless I think of something else. We have one concert left which is the all city and will feature ALL orchestra students from grades 3-12.  And I have to figure out senior gifts and start planning the end of the year banquet which is in only 2 1/2 months!

*These pictures are from our public page. All parents have given photo consent.

*This is from the concert we hosted on the 15th.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:01 AM

That is awesome!!!!!

iwashere
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:17 PM

They looked fantastic! Congrats to everyone for a job well doneπŸŽΌπŸ˜ƒ

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Congratulations to all involved!
RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM

That is an amazing feat! 20 yrs in a row! Wow. The school must be proud of them and put a lot of time/effort into their program. It sounds like you are going to be one busy lady for the next couple of months!

Quoting Sydel:

Saturday I traveled to Bowling Green with our orchestra to help chaperon their OMEA State Contest. We had the largest orchestra on site. 110 kids. It was very amusing helping them set up the chairs on stage. When I walked in the lady seemed pretty proud of the fact that they had 44 chairs already to go. They had to go to a different building to find chairs and stands for our kids.

I was salty that I was not allowed to take pictures/record in the warm up room or on stage. They played 3 incredibly beautiful pieaces that gave me goosebumps.

The kids also looked fab in their new uniforms. They played a high level of difficulty and recieved a superior rating which happens to be the 20th in a row!

I currently have a paint fundraiser going on right now. I'm going to set up a resturant night. Then that should be it for fundraisers for a while. Unless I think of something else. We have one concert left which is the all city and will feature ALL orchestra students from grades 3-12.  And I have to figure out senior gifts and start planning the end of the year banquet which is in only 2 1/2 months!

*These pictures are from our public page. All parents have given photo consent.

*This is from the concert we hosted on the 15th.

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Very nice pics 

Msgme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM

how fun.   Tori's school just won their 20th city chess title.   no other school has come close to their record.  no one else has even won 10.  They've also won 19 states and 8 nationas since its founding in 81.   the school opened in 74.   Tori has had nothing to do with the win except to cheer them on  lol

Sydel
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Our middle school chess team has done really well the past few years. But nothing major. I don't even know if our high school has a chess team. I would imagine they do because it seems we have everything. Just found out we are introducing lacross and hockey as well as bringing BACK our gymnastic team.

Quoting Msgme:

how fun.   Tori's school just won their 20th city chess title.   no other school has come close to their record.  no one else has even won 10.  They've also won 19 states and 8 nationas since its founding in 81.   the school opened in 74.   Tori has had nothing to do with the win except to cheer them on  lol

Msgme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Our school does not have sports.  i hear their is a vollyball team for girls but not sure they compete with anyone. ive heard rumors of girls wrestling and girls cross country but i think they are just on paper cause i've never seen them advertise for anything and i often look up sporting events to go to.   which always suprised me that tori wanted to go there.  she's a sports kid but chose the one school in brooklyn without any  lol

Quoting Sydel:

Our middle school chess team has done really well the past few years. But nothing major. I don't even know if our high school has a chess team. I would imagine they do because it seems we have everything. Just found out we are introducing lacross and hockey as well as bringing BACK our gymnastic team.

Quoting Msgme:

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM
I love their vests! Great job!

We were at our ejudication this weekend with our jazz band. They played at a really cool venue where a lot of famous jazz/ blues and some rock shows are held. It was a very unique venue and had a bar and food vending in the room. It was well suited for a jazz competition. Our band got excellent and I was not surprised because they have a new jazz band director and he has a lot of growing to do yet. That said, they only gave one superior and two excellents. Everyone else was good or very good. My son won one of the best soloist awards.
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:38 AM

lovely pictures!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)