Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Training Week OT **Update 13 Weeks Out**

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

My calender for the next 13 weeks is made. It's filled with.... MORE TRAINING and sales calls!!! LOL

I have a goal to sell $5k in the next 3 weeks. I already sold half. So that's cool. Aflac doesn't play they offer a ton of bonuses the first year. I found out I joined a killer district. They are the ONLY ones in the region to make the first quarter sales goal. My District is pretty intense. Very nice but intense. The excitement and seriousness she holds when talking about anything. I mean anything it could be product or a sandwich, could  be compared to a serial killer reading a manifesto....

I'm excited about going out of town for two days. Even if I have to learn. I bought an awesome Lula Roe skirt that I've been wanting to wear.

Not sure why everything is this week but it is. Today I am attending a social media marketing seminar. Tomorrow and Wednesday I get to go to sales school for Aflac. Thursday morning I have a CE class and then we are staying the night at Kalahari for a fundraiser.

Friday is basically the only day I have to go out on sales calls. My dh said this is basically my spring break week. But I'm not sure how training all week is considered a break.

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Well, I hope you at least have a good time!  

We just spent the morning on the phone with google, and have been working on hiring someone to handle our SEO for us.  I have a conference call with our HR rep in just a few.  

BUT!  All of the kids are back in school today, so it is quiet here and I can get some stuff done again.

cashmeousside
by howbowdah on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Nice
iwashere
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Training stinks LOL.

I have spent the morning here because I am avoiding reading my training manual and figuring why I am so stupid that I cannot activate my business credit card and my business debit card. I think I'm going to have to fax info to both companies and my fax machine scares me.

Tomorrow we go meet the realtor to look for store space. We meet her at Starbucks. I think it would go better if we met at a bar.

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM

We have had trouble getting a credit and debit card issued for me, under our business.  We have had to submit the paperwork 3 times, and then call and ask.  It has been a huge hassle.  Good luck with everything.

Quoting iwashere:

Training stinks LOL.

I have spent the morning here because I am avoiding reading my training manual and figuring why I am so stupid that I cannot activate my business credit card and my business debit card. I think I'm going to have to fax info to both companies and my fax machine scares me.

Tomorrow we go meet the realtor to look for store space. We meet her at Starbucks. I think it would go better if we met at a bar.

iwashere
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:36 PM

It's such a pain. It's like "I want to spend money! Give me the means to do so!" Crazy.

Quoting heybooboo:

We have had trouble getting a credit and debit card issued for me, under our business.  We have had to submit the paperwork 3 times, and then call and ask.  It has been a huge hassle.  Good luck with everything.

Quoting iwashere:

Training stinks LOL.

cybcm
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM
If there is food provided at the training then I like training. A few months back I went to this session for a new payroll program and they had these little carrot cakes, and I do love a carrot cake, and carrot cake is heavily underrepresented in morning teas. I was happy about that.

I'm getting some expo paperwork and designs ready, we have our first one of the season at the end of the month, then we have monthly bridal expos for the next 6 months.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:41 PM

Carrot cake is my favorite kind of cake. I agree it is often under represented. When I see it on a desert cart I usually do a small victory dance before snatching one up.

Today they just had soup, salad, and sandwich. My eyes were bigger than my appitite and I couldn't finish it. They also had cookies and brownies. I was not impressed with that. Or the dark soda they offered. My kidneys can't filter soda especially dark soda.

I shared this to my friend eariler. It was an incredibly informative presentation. Now that I've switched agencies I need to rebrand myself. Get new headshots and create a new website and facebook page. He was really pushing Twitter for businesses and I don't like Twitter nor do I have time for it.

Quoting cybcm: If there is food provided at the training then I like training. A few months back I went to this session for a new payroll program and they had these little carrot cakes, and I do love a carrot cake, and carrot cake is heavily underrepresented in morning teas. I was happy about that. I'm getting some expo paperwork and designs ready, we have our first one of the season at the end of the month, then we have monthly bridal expos for the next 6 months.

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:56 PM

That sounds like a great opportunity for you!

ETA:  I believe carrot cake is my dad's favorite.  We ate it a lot growing up.  There is a cafe in Augusta GA that makes an amazing carrot cake.

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:59 PM

We are trying to figure out social media for our company.  I keep pressing to DH we really need to hire an expert, but he is so hesitant.  A good friend of mine loaned out her DH for a dinner meeting last week, and I think that was a good solid push in the right direction.

I personally am not a fan of twitter either.  I do have an Instagram for my food blog though.  I enjoy updating the Instagram more than the blog.  LOL.

Quoting Sydel:

Carrot cake is my favorite kind of cake. I agree it is often under represented. When I see it on a desert cart I usually do a small victory dance before snatching one up.

Today they just had soup, salad, and sandwich. My eyes were bigger than my appitite and I couldn't finish it. They also had cookies and brownies. I was not impressed with that. Or the dark soda they offered. My kidneys can't filter soda especially dark soda.

I shared this to my friend eariler. It was an incredibly informative presentation. Now that I've switched agencies I need to rebrand myself. Get new headshots and create a new website and facebook page. He was really pushing Twitter for businesses and I don't like Twitter nor do I have time for it.

Quoting cybcm: If there is food provided at the training then I like training. A few months back I went to this session for a new payroll program and they had these little carrot cakes, and I do love a carrot cake, and carrot cake is heavily underrepresented in morning teas. I was happy about that. I'm getting some expo paperwork and designs ready, we have our first one of the season at the end of the month, then we have monthly bridal expos for the next 6 months.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:20 PM

I sell insurance so I can't really post pictures of a coverge. LOL When I ran the other agency's page I focused on life. Community events, charities, how to and check lists. Any posts that involve animals makes people happy.

They say with insurance to avoid talking about it at all online. Instead we have to passive agressively suggest reasons why you should have it. It's weird and there are so many regulation laws about what can be said.

Aflac suggested I start a new agent blog or instagram. Since I'm an independant agent it's like being a business owner. So I was encouraged to focus on the themes of small business, diverse business owners, female business owners, and why I do what I do. Which is because I want to protect my loved ones and the community.

We shall see how it goes. There will be another lunch and learn on content in a few months.

Quoting heybooboo:

We are trying to figure out social media for our company.  I keep pressing to DH we really need to hire an expert, but he is so hesitant.  A good friend of mine loaned out her DH for a dinner meeting last week, and I think that was a good solid push in the right direction.

I personally am not a fan of twitter either.  I do have an Instagram for my food blog though.  I enjoy updating the Instagram more than the blog.  LOL.

Quoting Sydel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)