Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap its been a long day

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

it started with my neigborhood tyring to kill me with the bon fires.  the joys of a hasedic neighborhood right before passover.  Forgot the date and had my windows open not easy to breathe.  then we head out to Manhattan to pick up a copy of joe's birth certificate.  we did this last week but he lost it. headed back into brooklyn and walked all over downtown trying to find the Social Security office.  which he cant get a social security card  without an ID.  He can't get an ID without a Social Security card.  Medically today was not a good day and almost had to call 911 but it got better.  Got home just in time for dh to drag me to HOme depot then get home and realized i had a ton of work to catch up on today.  I havnt had work in weeks but today 3 clients contacted me  lol   finally have a chance to relax and wait for the giraraffe to go in to labor and wait for tori to come home.

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:32 PM

You need a Calgon take me away bath!!!!

iwashere
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Wine. Several glasses

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Hopefully tomorrow will be less daunting.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting heybooboo: Hopefully tomorrow will be less daunting.

I'm not getting out of bed tomrrow  lol   Tori will be out working on her scavenger hunt, JOe has some party to go to and Dh has to go to work cause he has the final interview for the new job.  so i'm gonna spend the day in the pj's watching movies

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:50 PM
Awesome!

Enjoy!

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting heybooboo: Hopefully tomorrow will be less daunting.

I'm not getting out of bed tomrrow  lol   Tori will be out working on her scavenger hunt, JOe has some party to go to and Dh has to go to work cause he has the final interview for the new job.  so i'm gonna spend the day in the pj's watching movies

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:59 PM

Bless your heart trying to get an id and a social security card .Such a major pain. 

I seldom have my SS card with me but several years ago I did one day .I was getting gas at a SAMS and I was robbed ,they took my purse which had my DL and SS card. 

It was a huge effort to replace both. 

Did yall get either one? Good luck to yall !!!!

romalove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM

Why are the Hasidic people setting fires before Passover?

Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Quoting romalove:

its a passover tradition.  Some kind of bread that they can't have during passover.  i'm sure its more than bread but they have to get it out of their houses and burn the food. Alot of times they sell the cooking utiensils that have been used with it.  Chametz its called

I didnt take these pics and prob not o this year but both pics are of my neigborhood.  

balagan_imma
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:01 PM
They burn all of the not kosher for Passover foods, called hammetz, that are left in their houses. In some cases it's small amounts. Others, well it looks like they get a bit carried away. I can only imagine what the holiday called Lag B'omer is like (its traditional to have born fires too). I just feed my hammetz to my chickens. They love the day before Passover. And obviously I'm not hugely observant because I'm on here.

Quoting romalove:

Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:10 PM

my neibbors don't do anything small.  everything is way over the top.   The fires were everywhere this morning but it dies down by afternoon. My area is a very interesting place during certain holidays.

Quoting balagan_imma: They burn all of the not kosher for Passover foods, called hammetz, that are left in their houses. In some cases it's small amounts. Others, well it looks like they get a bit carried away. I can only imagine what the holiday called Lag B'omer is like (its traditional to have born fires too). I just feed my hammetz to my chickens. They love the day before Passover. And obviously I'm not hugely observant because I'm on here.
Quoting romalove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)