Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monitoring my daughter's Ipod texting

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

I want to monitor my daughter's texting on her Ipod by having her texts sent to my Iphone but I don't want my messages to other people sent to her. How can I set this up? does anybody on here do this? P.S. I do not have an ipda which I know is how some peple do it.

Thanks for your help

by on May. 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maime13
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 5:45 PM

You would need to look for some sort of app that would let you do that. If you could install it on both devices you *might* be able to make it happen.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 16, 2017 at 6:07 PM
Not sure. Google it. I didn't allow mine to text till I trusted them.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to our corner of the cafe!

I'm still on a dumb flip phone so I know ZERO. 

Hang around and someone will be able to help you.

Sydel
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2017 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I utilize a monitoring app called dinnertime. I can set timers, see all apps downloaded, lock any I don't want her on, shut her phone down, and see a history of where she's been.

I don't read her texts. She uses messenger and FaceTime mostly and to be honest I don't need to read every conversation.

I may scan through her messages looking for key words but that's rare.

What will you gain from reading her text messages? Do you plan on disciplining if you don't like her language?

How old is she?

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Bump
mjande4
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2017 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I'll give the same answer I gave in the other post you made. Set guidelines with your kid, which includes the knowledge that you can ask and check the device at any time. If you feel like you have to "spy" on your kid through apps, then he/she is not mature enough to use the device.

ame19
by on May. 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM

There are apps that you can hide apps that you don't want others to see. But I'm sure there is an app to do all that. My aunt would lock my cousin's texting and internet after a certain time everyday and the texts would go to her from their cell phone provider. My cousin found out and found a texting app like you would for an iPod and stuff and found another app to hide that one. 

Maime13
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 9:30 AM

This has always been my approach.

Quoting mjande4:

I'll give the same answer I gave in the other post you made. Set guidelines with your kid, which include the knowledge that you can ask and check the device at any time. If you feel like you have to "spy" on your kid through apps, then he/she is not mature enough to use the device.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 17, 2017 at 9:43 AM

I agree

Quoting mjande4:

I'll give the same answer I gave in the other post you made. Set guidelines with your kid, which includes the knowledge that you can ask and check the device at any time. If you feel like you have to "spy" on your kid through apps, then he/she is not mature enough to use the device.

Ziva65
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM
Agreed.

Quoting mjande4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)