Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Re: Flying Solo

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this
As a family we have traveled quite a bit, but DD has never flown alone. She has today first flown to Chicago. Changed planes and is on her way to Brussels to change planes again to fly into Nice,France.

She was nervous and I said to her that we have flown so much and even gone through the Chicago airport. She replied that she didn't pay attention.

However, today she called to say that once she got to Chicago, she remembered the airport and then added that food and snacks were so expensive.

Thankfully, she didn't have to change terminals. She has the airline app which I think helps.

Hopefully she will sleep on the plane. The French Camp personnel will meet her in Nice. I think she will be able to manage customs. Even if she " wasn't paying attention " the whole routine is memorable.
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
iwashere
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:49 PM
I hope she has a wonderful time!
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:09 PM
That will be wonderful. I have been to Nice. I loved it.
zebra556
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. It's amazing how kids can just follow us like sheep and not feel the need to aware of their surroundings.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Not just children. My husband could never travel alone. Heck he can barely make it to the store alone.

Hope she has a great time though

Quoting zebra556: Thank you. It's amazing how kids can just follow us like sheep and not feel the need to aware of their surroundings.
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 3:37 AM
She'll have s great time. I found it interesting on this last trip back from Europe we walked through customs but there were no forms. All electronic, with the passport. No questions of agriculture either like I used to see. It was pretty efficient.
zebra556
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Well, DD made it! A short glitch with the change in planes in Brussels resolved with two phone calls in the middle of the night. Gate where she needed to be hadn't posted her flight yet.

Then she had a little wait for the camp personnel, but maybe she hadn't figured out where to find the person. Resolved with a call home and her reply was she would wait patiently.

The coolest thing is the Find My Friends works even in Europe.

So far the only disaster for a teen: My phone is not charging.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Jun. 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Glad to hear she did well. My co-worker's son just returned from France last Friday. He had a blast. I'm sure she will have a fantastic time. 

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM
Good for your daughter! Im sure she will have an awesome time.
disneymom2two
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM
Hope your daughter has a great time. My son and his friend are currently flying to Portugal on their way to Spain. Neither have ever traveled internationally alone before but they're both 18. They're going to do a workaway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)