Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family drama

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:57 PM
  • 1 Replies
So my sister is a tornado of drama and I'm really done with it. I have a lot of major issues of my own going on and I just can't.

Now my neice is very close to my mom. Admittedly in the past it bothered me cause she did break plans with my oldest cause things came up with sister or neice. It was her loss not his. He had another grandmother that dotted on him and when my mom saw his relationship was getting stronger there it was somewhat of a wake up.

My dad and my oldest used to be closer but oldest is in that awkward teenage boy stage. He never wants to hang out or go places or talk to us either. My youngest has always oozed personality and my dad gets a kick out of him. He's also the only grand kid to share his love of cars. At 3 he knew car brands based on logos. He's also never been shy so my dad loves taking to car shows with his buddies.

Today my mom was with sister and fiancé and my sister is currently not speaking to me or my dad and apparently some is because he's all about my youngest. Ok he's taken him to handful of car shows and he's maybe made it to half his baseball games this year. My mom is taking my neice on a cruise and she pays for her riding lessons and has called in sick from work to take her there when her mom won't and there was a time neice spent every weekend at my moms but ok my dad is playing favorites.

She won't even let my parents take her kids out for a birthday dinner. Her ex has her boys every weekend cause she wanted me time so my dad can't even ask them to come. Now my mom is mad at my dad over this and I'm just on the other end of phone thinking well it's not like he's taking him on 7 day vacation out of the country. Not that I'd let either of them but let's step back a look at yourself before you accuse someone of playing favorites
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 3:34 AM
Sorry you are dealing with that. Sounds like you have good kids though. Sort of glad I have no siblings!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)