Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Social Event

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
4 moms liked this

I shared that dd was voted  band social chair for this school year. Her first event was yesterday and it went really well. 

She hosted a cook out at my uncles house. The pool was open, plus he set up a tv and the wii u in the garage,  we put out yard games like corn hole and oversized jenga, and did a bonfire at night. The previous social chair's mom and I had spoken and she told me not to put too much effort into the event as she had gone all out for her son's first event and only 6 kids showed up. 

I spent $80 on food, drinks, and paper products. I figured if no kids showed up we as a family could just use the supplies for future cookouts. But about 30 kids showed up. Dd is actually hosting a second cook out on Tuesday for the kids who were unable to make it.  They were on the event page begging her to do it again.

The only thing I have to replenish are the marshmellows for smores. All of the kids were well behaved. I'm so glad it went well for her. 

Now we have to figure out what she wants to host for August and September. We are going to do a horror movie marathon in October. 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:08 AM

That's great!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Awesome!!!!

iwashere
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:52 AM

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)