Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Moms have their kids get the HPV shot?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM
  • 44 Replies

Both my kids are up on their immunizations except for the HPV shot.  Hubby says he doesn't want them having it, I'm on the Fence, going to look up more information but wondering what you all did/thought?

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If dd were able to be vaccinated I'd line her up....

I'm totally PRO vaccination.

hip2it
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Ds (almost 14) got it.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM
DS (13 almost 14) got his Wednesday
RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I did not and do not plan on, having my kids get it. Their ped said he did not and would not be giving it to his girls. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither of mine got them.  I had friends and neighbors kids have bad reactions so I said no and at 18 they could make up their own mind.  Neither one opted to get it.  Mine are fully vaccinated but that one.  Well my oldest never got the meningitis shot because she didn't go away to college and lived in a dorm.  

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:49 PM

DD16 has not gotten the HPV yet, and I doubt she will unless she opts for it once she is 18.  She is one of those lucky schmucks that ends up with the adverse reactions to anything and everything.  So, we are careful with vaccinations.

DS16 has it because DH wasn't paying attention when it was offered at his last physical and just said yes to everything. :/

Sydel
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM

My oldest got it. No reactions. 

iwashere
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My son had it, no reactions. I hope debmomtoteens sees this post. If I remember correctly, she had tons of good info on this since she's a nursing professor.

rainiebelle
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:13 PM
All 4 of my bio kids have had it (3 boys and a girl) 2 of my 3 step kids have had it because the youngest is not old enough. Now my soon to be step kids they are talking about it for the oldest, I believe they will for all 3.
cybcm
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It's part of the regular schedule here, a nurse comes in to the school, lines them up, jabs them all, then they go back to learning.

My older 4 have all had it, my son got his at the doctors because him being 13 pre-dated it being added to the schedule for boys.

I don't know what the deal with the reactions is, it's so bizarre, it's just not a thing here and they immunise entire schools at a time, no controversy, no severe reactions, some kids get a raised red bump, yet on CM all you hear is horror stories. Utterly bizarre.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)