• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The girls 16th birthday was yesterday... found the perfect present finally

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
4 moms liked this

whew! It has been a week. The week before school starts and triple birthdays makes for a long week. 

The whole wrap sixteen present idea went over really well.  It was a lot of work but they loved it.  I numbered the gifts and told them to open in order. They decided to open each number at the same time which made it more a game. 

For number 16 I bought them one day tickets to Dragoncon. Which is a huge fantasy scifi convention over labor day weekend. We've never been and have always wanted to go. 

AND...  guess who is going to be at the convention this year... MATT SMITH!!!! 

I bought them photo ops tickets as well. Probably a little over the top but I would have given it to them anyway.  He is their favorite actor and you don't get a chance to meet your favorite all that often.

I haven't told them yet b/c i just discoved they released the photo ops in the middle of the night but when I told them he would be there they went nuts.  lol. So funny. I wish I had taken a video. 

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Happy birthday to your girls!

chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:05 AM

That's awesome!!

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Happy Birthday to your girls.

My youngest turned 10 yesterday as well.  

scapermom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Very cool! What a perfect gift.

He's really sweet. DD got to meet him last year at NY Comic Con. She was petrified, froze & said nothing. Lol! I thanked him for being so nice & keeping up a conversation with her. We also took a picture with him, Alex Kingston & Jenna Coleman (it's my avatar here).

At NYCC they push you along for the photos, so if she wants to actually speak to him, and you can afford it, I highly recommend getting an autograph too. (Some cons include both in the package).

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:22 PM

How fun.  Sounds like they had an awesome B'day!!!!!  They will have a great time.  

LuvHugs429
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM

What a wonderful Birthday and Present idea!!!

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:15 PM

That's awesome. 

My girls are going to be frozen also. lol. In a way it will be okay that they only give you a short amount of time. 

You have to stand in a seperate long line to get the autograph.  We only have a day at the conference.  I don't want to spend half that time standing in line. 

Quoting scapermom:

Very cool! What a perfect gift.

He's really sweet. DD got to meet him last year at NY Comic Con. She was petrified, froze & said nothing. Lol! I thanked him for being so nice & keeping up a conversation with her. We also took a picture with him, Alex Kingston & Jenna Coleman (it's my avatar here).

At NYCC they push you along for the photos, so if she wants to actually speak to him, and you can afford it, I highly recommend getting an autograph too. (Some cons include both in the package).

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Very cool indeed!!!!!

Sydel
by Group Admin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:08 PM

I am super jealous of both your ability to attend DragonCon and Meet Matt Smith. My dh's cousin just met Jensen and Jared from Supernatural. She took a girl who didn't even know who they were. She is now dead to me. 

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Very cool and not at all over the top. Hope they loved it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)