Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair help

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
DD has thick curly long hair. She apparently has been straightening it every day and has really dried it out. She did get 4 inches cut off and still way past her shoulders and looks like a lion. What can be done to salvage her hair?
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diane1968
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:56 PM

There are several products out in the market to help. I have  very curly hair also. they have a smoothe shampoo and conditioner called Biologe and then they also have a humidty spray out on the market, I can't remember who makes it, it's terrific especially if she used a straightening machine. The have a product for deep conditioning, Chi makes it or go to a salon and ask them. Bed Head also makes good products as well. I just prefer Biologe and that's what I use. The humidifyer spray is from KMS in a blueish silver container. Hope this helps

Quoting zebra556: DD has thick curly long hair. She apparently has been straightening it every day and has really dried it out. She did get 4 inches cut off and still way past her shoulders and looks like a lion. What can be done to salvage her hair?

hotspice58
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM

Conditon, condition and condition.  Ouidad and Devachan make products for conditioning and for curly hair.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Is she using heat protection spray with the flat iron?

brandyblx
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:04 PM

My son has long,thick,curly hair--he uses Argan Oil shampoo/conditioner.He also puts Pantene Curl Cream in it after washing it...This is what his hair looks like. (First one without curl cream.Second one,with)

brandyblx
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Forgot to add: When his hair is wet it is almost down to his butt,when it is dry it looks shoulder length.

Quoting brandyblx:

My son has long,thick,curly hair--he uses Argan Oil shampoo/conditioner.He also puts Pantene Curl Cream in it after washing it...This is what his hair looks like. (First one without curl cream.Second one,with)

zebra556
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Not sure about the heat protection spray. Who makes that? Did you say KMS? Where would I find it? This is sprayed on before using a flat iron?

My hair is thick and wavy, but I am able to deal by using conditioner.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM

You can get heat protection spray with other hair care products at any target.  The one I use, I get from my salon.  But DD usually opts for the Garnier brand.

I spray it on before I blow dry or flat iron my hair, your hair can be wet or dry.  It does help protect your hair from Damage from the heat.

I also use a deep conditioner at least once a week and a frizz serum.

Quoting zebra556: Not sure about the heat protection spray. Who makes that? Did you say KMS? Where would I find it? This is sprayed on before using a flat iron? My hair is thick and wavy, but I am able to deal by using conditioner.

momof2555
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM

check out joico products. they have awesome reconstructors that have protein in them and they truly help my curly, frizzy hair!

zebra556
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Thank you all. I am writing a list of the various products
DD can try. It's the flat iron that has taken a toll on her hair for sure.
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM
My hair is crazy curly and gets frizzy. Drives me nuts. The lady who does my hair suggested morroccan oil and a straightening smoothing cream. I have to find the brand though. I put it on my hair before I blow dry it, using a flat brush, then I straighten it a little bit with a straightener/ flat iron. I have layers too, and she thins it out, it helps from looking like a 1950 big hair 😕

Quoting zebra556: Not sure about the heat protection spray. Who makes that? Did you say KMS? Where would I find it? This is sprayed on before using a flat iron?

My hair is thick and wavy, but I am able to deal by using conditioner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)