Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eclipse is tomorrow. Anyone going to see it?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

We are in the 97% zone. This hype around this is gotten out of control. People are taking their kids out of school and traveling to the 100% zone 2 hours away. 

I was going to leave mine in school but the school is doing something stupid. (IMO).  They have glasses for everyone but are only allowing them to see it in groups for 20 minutes each.  That means large groups of kids will only get to see a small portion of it.  

What the heck people?  We had the same occurrence when I was in school. Everyone went out at the same time and they had different viewing stations set up.  It was fun and memorable.  Now they've just sucked the fun out of it. 

Don't even get me started on the glasses issue. Lots of drama around that as well.  lol. 

by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zebra556
by Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM
No glasses to be found in my area. They went fast. I made a few shoe box solar viewers. We will have 90% totality, I think.
countrymomma81
by Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:19 PM

I will see it because we will be out running errands. I'm only in the 40-ish% but really I couldn't care less. People over do things so badly that I'm just ready for it to be done so everyone can shut up about it. 

DD's elementary school isn't doing anything except taking recess away and closing windows. DS' high school is viewing it and we bought the glasses from school. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:17 AM

We are 86% in Milwaukee and no. I wouldn't trust the glasses since so many are fake.  I wouldn't take a chance with my eyes unless I knew 100% they were the ones that are true glasses.  The 86% is at 1:18pm.  

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:55 AM
We're like 70%. On April 8, 2024 a total will pass right over our yard, but it probably will be a cloudy day.

If we lived within a hundred miles, we would probably try to see this one, but 700 miles away is a bit far to drive. I think my parents might have tried for this one on an RV trip if they had thought about it far enough ahead of time. They have the time to get there a week early, get parked with gas tank full, and stay until the roads clear up again.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM

I'm not even sure how much of it we will see. I dont think its much.   I just got out of the hospital and the dr's told dh that i need to stay in bed so i wont be going outside lol.  School is still several weeks away so no school issues over it and tori is working today but i'm pretty sure she will be keeping the kids inside the whole time.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

DD went with her Astronomy class to an area with 100% totality.

We kept the boys home and will be heading up to TN where there is 100% totality.

Our county schools are not allowing the kids to go outside to see it because they don't want to be liable for any kids that don't follow directions.

iwashere
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:23 PM

I'm in the 0% ish - lol. We had tons of fog today. DH drove north to see a vendor and he saw part of it.

diane1968
by Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM

we didn't get much of it today, I found some very funny pictures that I posted on Time out for me and the regular forum for new people.

diane1968
by Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

balagan_imma
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 4:40 AM
My oldest took my youngest to the totality about 4 hours away to meet up with a buddy who could share the driving on the way back. It took them 12 hours to get back. He was home for about 45 minutes and just left for the airport to go back to university. Crazy child. Said it was 1000% worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)