Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On the news last night

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

A friend of a friend of my dd's and way back when in groups she did things with her.  Well, she killed someone this week and was drunk.  She skipped the median and went head on, ran someone off the road with minor injuries and another lady she hit head on and killed her instantly.  

I wasn't really watching the news but heard the name, a very uncommon name and I rewound back.  Then I searched online knowing it was her.  When I saw she was 23 like my dd I knew it was her, for sure.  She had moved away and graduated in Chicago but moved back for college and it appears she was in grad school.  Reportedly going to be a drug and alcohol abuse counselor.  Hmmmm, ironic, huh.  Her boyfriend and she had a disagreement and she said she told him she was too drunk to drive and he "made" her get in her car and drive and he was in his car.  DD said the boyfriend graduated from her HS.  This girl moved and he didn't.  

Sad all the way around.  Her life is over, the ladies life is over.  She had 2 kids and was 44.  

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM
How sad.
RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM

So sad. Why the heck do people think they are ok to drive after drinking? The soonest I will drive after having 1 drink (wine cooler) is 2 hours! 1 drink is all it takes. Whenever dh and I go somewhere we might drink only one of us has anything at all. 

I can't say poor girl because she made a bad choice but a choice just the same. I feel bad for her family and for the families she has affected. Tough lesson learned. 

Sydel
by Group Admin on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Very very sad 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sad for everyone involved.

Jaide2883
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:50 AM
My husband and I choose who's drinking before we got out. I hold very strong feelings about drinking and driving.

Quoting RaeMarie:

So sad. Why the heck do people think they are ok to drive after drinking? The soonest I will drive after having 1 drink (wine cooler) is 2 hours! 1 drink is all it takes. Whenever dh and I go somewhere we might drink only one of us has anything at all. 

I can't say poor girl because she made a bad choice but a choice just the same. I feel bad for her family and for the families she has affected. Tough lesson learned. 

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM
Heartbreaking for so many .
tntmomof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:09 PM

So incredibly sad :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)