Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tardy and so not his fault

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
I'm pissed at dh. At least twice a week I get mad at him cause he takes his own sweet time in morning. We get up at same time. I take walk and in theory he should be in shower. Well lately I get home and he's just sitting on couch on his phone or on the can. I've told him countless times if I'm not in the shower BY 7 the kids and are late. Sure enough today it's 7:10 and he's just getting out and ods and I still have to get ready and we have 1 bathroom. Needless to say ods was late for school today.

I know this is temporary, i stop work in December but I can't keep having this fight with him and I can't get up any earlier. I already get up at 5. It's only 1 tardy and knowing ds it's enough to scare the crap out of him so I'm sure tomorrow he'll be yelling at dad too.
by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrashCanCrouch
by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:01 AM
I don't understand how this happens? We have 1 bathroom and 5 kids plus Dh getting ready in the morning. If you're up at 5am why are YOU not ready on time? My kids (teens and pre teen) are up at 6:45am and out the door by 7:20am. My kindergarten is up at 7:30am and out the door by 8:15am.

You guys need better time management skills. Most things can be done at night even showers for the kids. Mine shower in the morning, plus myself and Dh my kindergarten does at night before bed.
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quoting TrashCanCrouch: I don't understand how this happens? We have 1 bathroom and 5 kids plus Dh getting ready in the morning. If you're up at 5am why are YOU not ready on time? My kids (teens and pre teen) are up at 6:45am and out the door by 7:20am. My kindergarten is up at 7:30am and out the door by 8:15am.

You guys need better time management skills. Most things can be done at night even showers for the kids. Mine shower in the morning, plus myself and Dh my kindergarten does at night before bed.

I don't get it either. DH grew up in a house with 6 people, one bath and never was he late to school. We had 4 people, one bath and no one was late. Op I think you need a family meeting on being on time or get a new routine. I
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:22 AM
I get up at 5, go for my walk. I get dh up at that time. He's supposed to get to shower and get ready while I'm walking but he doesn't always get right in. Today he didn't even in get in until 6:45. Thingis I'm not in house to police him. He's the issue. If he'd take his shower while I'm walking, I can get right in or ds can when he's done. Instead he plays with his phone or sits on toilet

Quoting TrashCanCrouch: I don't understand how this happens? We have 1 bathroom and 5 kids plus Dh getting ready in the morning. If you're up at 5am why are YOU not ready on time? My kids (teens and pre teen) are up at 6:45am and out the door by 7:20am. My kindergarten is up at 7:30am and out the door by 8:15am.

LuvHugs429
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:22 AM

I know exactly what you are going through!! DH does the same thing to all of us!! If he isn't up and I go in the bathroom I get told to hurry because he is running late. If he goes into the bathroom and I need to get ready and I tell him he needs to hurry because he is making the rest of us run late he tells me "Then you should get up earlier" REALLY??? I so can't wait for our second bathroom to be done and to get myself a Vanity so I can do my hair and make up in my bedroom. 

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM
It's dh, he's the issue. He messes around in the morning. I get up 90 min earlier then I have to because I was having issues getting him up and out. His mom spoiled him growing up and I pay the price now.

I can't shower at night cause I work out in morning cause only time I have. Dh won't shower at night. Ds does if he has sports, if not he goes in morning. Yds goes at night.

Quoting atlmom2:

I don't get it either. DH grew up in a house with 6 people, one bath and never was he late to school. We had 4 people, one bath and no one was late. Op I think you need a family meeting on being on time or get a new routine. I
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I already get up 90 min earlier then I need to. I don't get it he's practically bald and I can wash and condition my hair and shave my legs in less time then his normal shower. I swear he just stands there letting water fall on him and meditates and don't get me started on sitting on the can!!

Wasn't an issue when kids are younger but now we all have to be out by 8

Quoting LuvHugs429:

I know exactly what you are going through!! DH does the same thing to all of us!! If he isn't up and I go in the bathroom I get told to hurry because he is running late. If he goes into the bathroom and I need to get ready and I tell him he needs to hurry because he is making the rest of us run late he tells me "Then you should get up earlier" REALLY??? I so can't wait for our second bathroom to be done and to get myself a Vanity so I can do my hair and make up in my bedroom. 

mjande4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:23 AM

Wow!  I can't imagine only having 1 bathroom!  We have 3 and sometimes I feel like I need a 4th.  Having said this, I would just be super clear with him about times and kick his lazy ass out of the bathroom if he can't be considerate.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM
I was thinking of next time he pulls it im bumping him down the bathroom line BUT I'm losing my job at end of year so need him to be good employee and don't need him racking up occurances.

I'm going to post bathroom schedule and get a clock for bathroom. Maybe set the alarm so if he's not out my x time it starts buzzing.

Quoting mjande4:

Wow!  I can't imagine only having 1 bathroom!  We have 3 and sometimes I feel like I need a 4th.  Having said this, I would just be super clear with him about times and kick his lazy ass out of the bathroom if he can't be considerate.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:40 AM

What is it with all of these grown men who can't manage their own schedule?!?!

WTF.

It shouldn't matter if you have 1 bathroom or 20.  Get your own ass up and ready for the day.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Their mothers, my friends all seem to have same complaint

I will give him credit he gets up on his own. I used to have to wake him up on my days off of he needed to work.

The other trend seems to be the men just have to worry about themselves while the moms are responsible for getting everyone else out. One day I want to trade places and he just laughs we will all be late

Quoting chicken13:

What is it with all of these grown men who can't manage their own schedule?!?!

WTF.

It shouldn't matter if you have 1 bathroom or 20.  Get your own ass up and ready for the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)