Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She applied

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this

Yesterday tori decided to try out to become a producer for Sing.   Sing is a talent show competition between the Freshman and Seniors against the Sophomores and juniors.  They also often compete against the winners from other schools.  Its a pretty big deal in her school.  As a producer she'll be responsible for helping pick out the script and working with the writers to get it perfect. She'll be in charge of how the money is spent. picking the directors and the band leasers etc...  She had to fill out an application and then had an interview. Some of the interviews were brutal and kids came out crying. One girl was told she should stick with costuming and that producing wasn't her thing.  Her interview went well she felt and they smiled and told her to check the board on Wednesday.   Fingers crossed.

by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:31 PM
That is awesome. Hope she gets it.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Good Luck to her! 

cybcm
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Best of luck to her
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Very cool!!! Best wishes to her, keep us posted!
LuvHugs429
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM

Well? When do they find out?

romalove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Good luck to her. I have very fond memories of Sing from when I was in school.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ziva65: Very cool!!! Best wishes to her, keep us posted!

She didnt get it.  It went to all juniors and she was the only sophomore who applied.   she's sad of course but there is always next year.  Righ now she wants nothing to do with sing and is looking at other things to do  but i get the feeling when auditions roll around and the directors expect her to audition she will change her mind.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Well? When do they find out?

We found out yesterday she didnt get it .   

Msgme
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove: Good luck to her. I have very fond memories of Sing from when I was in school.

She really had a great time last year.  She had a pretty good part but wasnt the total center of attention which was perfect for her first show. she made really good friends and just loved it.  Right now she says she's done with sing for this year and wants to try something else but we will see.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Awe that sucks but she sounds like she's handling well. I'm guessing it's a seniority thing and she'll have a leg up if applies again.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting Ziva65: Very cool!!! Best wishes to her, keep us posted!

She didnt get it.  It went to all juniors and she was the only sophomore who applied.   she's sad of course but there is always next year.  Righ now she wants nothing to do with sing and is looking at other things to do  but i get the feeling when auditions roll around and the directors expect her to audition she will change her mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)