Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 year old boys and Christmas

Posted by   + Show Post
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all have a blessed and safe day!!
Second what in the world do you get 14 year old boys for Christmas? Other then video games. Lol
My own son and I have no idea what to get him and he has no idea what he wants. Bahahahaha he loves Minecraft and building stuff. That’s basically all he does. I was trying to think of things to get him outside. He loves expirememting with my daughters boyfriend. The things those two come up with. His birthday is in two weeks also. He will be 14. Oh man this is not suppose to be hard. My oldest son is easy and my daughter is easy, but why is it so hard for my 14 year old son? Ahhhh

Oh I did ask him what he wants and it’s some 400 dollar gaming system. Nope sorry to much save your money. I’m so mean. Haha
by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM
Replies (11-17):
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 9:46 PM

No idea. My son just turned 15 and he is incredibly hard to shop for. He is not big on video games but there is a few games he likes. He is not into sports at all. My mom got him a skateboard last year that he hasn't touched even once. He use to be into legos. But not as much. He is not into music or tv/movies. For christmas this year I will probably just get him a few shirts and then some gift cards. He wants money mostly to use when he hangs out with his friends after school and that. 

wakymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 1:45 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat. Ds2 will be 14 in Jan. He's still into Legos, and even though he has a ton of those, I'll probaby still get him a set. I'm considering a gift card so he can buy some tunes off Spotify instead being stuck with just free ones. He's always loved Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars, so if I find one I'm pretty sure he doesn't have, I might get that (Last year, dd got him a bunch of Fast and Furious cars).

All 3 kids always get a wall calendar for their rooms, a book, and a tree ornament.

aynat8
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 9:48 AM
I like to get my teen son perishables to go with gcs. That way it’s something he can use right away.
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM

UGH!  

Figuring out what to get them is so hard once they get out of the toy stage. I have 16 year old twins.  As usual I have ideas for one but not the other.  I always have to scramble to make the gifts even remotely even.

This year the kindle fire died for one twin and i'm trying to find something of equal value for the other. 

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM

My 14 yr old wanted and will get a scooter and a controller for his xbox. 

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 6:01 AM
Gift cards, to itunes, visa gift cards, STEAM, places he goes to with friends like pizza, sandwich shops, I usually buy spirit clothing from the high school boosters, but ds 16 doesnt really have much school spirit.. I just found his stockng from last Christmas, in his room, still full of the bodywash, and other personal care items ( the candy, socks, earbuds and giftcards were gone).. I should have just taken it and added it to it this year- instead I put everything in the dresser... ds19 who is at college I will buy his spring textbooks lol
theresa98
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM

gift cards are the best decision for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)