Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They broke up

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Maddy and the boyfriend broke up this morning.  Well he did the breaking up. I've seen it coming for a few months but she didnt want to see it. I would not be suprised to find out he's been seeing someeone else but i can't tell her that. This is not the first time they've broken up but the first time that didnt result becasue of a huge fight.   She says part of her is releived.  He's been super distant for a while and she used thtat time to actually meet people and have some friends. She's Been volunteering alot and she's running for page editor at the paper.  She's been hanging out with friends from work.  She called me yesterday afternoon telling me she felt like she finally got her life in order and not constantly playing catch up.   She'll be here in a couple of hours becasue she has a ticket to see her favorite poet doing some kind of show tonight here in brooklyn and she'll be with me most of tomorrow before she has to leave. 

by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 1:22 PM

It sounds like this is a good thing, and that the relationship finally ran its course.  Kudos to your DD for filling her life with enjoyment and getting involved at school.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:47 PM

He was the one whose was a bit out of touch with the world right? Wanted to join the peace corps?

It sounds like a good thing. Maybe she should try being single for a while.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:51 PM

yeah thats him.  I personaly think its great they were kinda toxic for eachother but I can't say that to her.   hopefully she just stays focused on herself and school and the things she wants out of life.

Quoting Sydel:

He was the one whose was a bit out of touch with the world right? Wanted to join the peace corps?

It sounds like a good thing. Maybe she should try being single for a while.

MissAndree
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 9:09 PM
It sounds like it is a good thing that they broke up. I am going to be so glad when my daughter and her boyfriend break up. I don't tell her that, but I'm looking forward to it, lol.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Sounds like it was for the best v
Msgme
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MissAndree: It sounds like it is a good thing that they broke up. I am going to be so glad when my daughter and her boyfriend break up. I don't tell her that, but I'm looking forward to it, lol.

I'm sad because she is sad but part of me is happy.   The relationship is/was toxic.   They really just bring out the worst in eachother. 

my2kidsmom9498
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 3:18 PM
It sounds like they were destined to break up, but still a hard thing to watch our kiddo's go through.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)