Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He’s not my little boy anymore

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
Took the teen to oral surgeon today to have a tooth pulled. It was in his cleft and it’s not needed but because of location it’s very sensitive to him so since insurance covers it we choose to do under anesthesia. He’s been under many times since birth. We did it about 8 months ago to have another tooth pulled down but today when I was with him while he was waking up I was looking across at the boy across from me and he’s not a boy anymore. He looked so old (but oddly enough I saw that little baby still)

We were in that same room almost 4 years ago getting stitches removed and his feet weren’t even near end of table and today they were hanging over (really I get it’s s kids hospital but you see teens and young adults so invest in full size tables) She was almost as shocked over his growth in 8 months as she was earlier in the year when she hadn’t seen him in 4 years.

If all goes according to plan he won’t see her again for 2-3 years which will be for his jaw surgery which has he thinking when he was a baby it was hard cause he didn’t know what was going on; when he was a 6 and 9 it was hard cause he did know and by the time he’s 16 or 17 he’s going to be so much bigger then me by then I can’t imaginr what it will be like.
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lulumomof2
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I understand what you mean. My son’s school tweeted a picture of some of the football players working out today and I saw my youngest son and couldn’t believe how manly he looked. He is 17 yrs old. They do grow up SO fast!
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:55 PM
Every other weekend, hubby and I have charge of the teen granddaughters while the couples go off to Friday night though Saturday afternoon MBA classes. The girls ask questions during that time. Weekend before last,knowing that the SILs had arrived at our door at 12 1/2 and 13 1/2, they asked me what their Uncle Butch, youngest SIL, was like as a child? I thought of that question by Sabrina of the movie Sabrina asking her dad what Linus was like as a child and gave the same answer: "shorter."

They do grow up rather quickly before our eyes!
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Someone sent me a pic of my DD from 5 years ago, and it was kind of shocking to compare her now at 17.  She still looked like a little girl at 12.

Then there is DS, who was maybe barely 5'2ish last February.  We had a bit of a surprise by the summer when his pants were too short, and he then clocked in at 5'6" in July during his sports physical.

Two days ago, he walks past DH and he is noticeably taller than DH.  So, we measured him again, and he is now 5'9".

He's had to trade his uniform pants in twice this semester for ROTC.  

I am glad I hesitated last month when I was looking at buying him pants.  They definitely would not have fit.  LOL.

eyeteachscience
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 12:07 PM

I'm totally feelin' ya.  My millennial and his gf called us two days ago to let us know they are expecting. It was jarring only in that just yesterday he was moving out of state to go to college, and the day before that he was a bratty middle-schooler, and the day before that he was racing around the neighborhood on his bike with his friends.  Everytime he hits some kind of milestone, I'm reminded that time waits for no mom.  He's a good boy, and his gf is a cutie pie and they both make good money so I'm not concerned about anything. I'm excited to be a grandma. However, I am wistful when recalling his boyhood and how it has all happened so very fast. Hugs and God's peace and comfort to you.

Bebe11
by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the same thing about my twin grandsons.  We just celebrated their 4th birthdays.  My how 4 years have flown by.  It seems like yesterday when they were born prematurely at 27 weeks...and now they are healthy, playful boys.  God is good!  

angelheart007
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:33 PM

It's a mixed blessing as they grow up.  For me the hardest part was when their profile no longer showed the slightest glimpse of their earlier childhood innocence.  Every now and again I get the faintest glimpse of it, but not very often,  Enjoy every second they are still at home.  Merry Christmas! ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)