Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Thought A TWERKING Song was a Good Idea?!?!?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2017 at 11:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought Just Dance 2018 on Black Friday. I buy it every year, it's not a gift it's a family game that we enjoy playing.

Well last night the girls opened it and after a few songs I retired to my bedroom. After a half hour the girls come to my room very sweaty and happy and demand I come watch them do their new favorite song.

My oldest is a boss at the game. She's in the world wide rankings and has won competitions at a few cons. Anyways I'm thinking let me get my phone to record her doing this "new"  dance.

Um... NO HELL NO! There is a Christmas song called Make It Jingle There is a damn reindeer shaking it's ass all up and down the screen.  And of course my girls are mimicking it.

Not gonna lie was surprised at the coordination my 10 year old who struggled in dance had with this song.  I'm not very uptight. They know what is appropriate and what is not. They know their is a time and place for certian things. They know that somethings are NOT age appropriate.

After the song I made it clear they were to NEVER do those dance moves out side the house. I told my oldest when she's 25 at the club if she wants to twerk that's her business. But NOT at 15.

I can't help but wonder who in their right mind thought that this was okay in a kid's game. What  marketing exec was like "You know what we need?? A good twerking song for families"

Here is the link to the song and moves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVxZu66PlJQ

Rant OVER

by on Dec. 1, 2017 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. A time and a place for everything I suppose.

It did make me chuckle and reminded me of a couple years ago, around the wreaking ball Miley Cyrus phase, when dd and her friends taught me to twerk. Absolutely hilarious. Wish I had filmed it.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 1, 2017 at 12:42 PM

We skipped the wrecking ball phase. Dd loved her as Hannah Montana then went down a K-Pop hole.

I'm not so uptight that I would ban them from playing. Shoot after a few drinks who knows if I'll even try it. I was just caught off guard seeing my 10 year old shake it.

Quoting chicken13: Lol. A time and a place for everything I suppose. It did make me chuckle and reminded me of a couple years ago, around the wreaking ball Miley Cyrus phase, when dd and her friends taught me to twerk. Absolutely hilarious. Wish I had filmed it.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

See....we never had the hannah montana phase...so there was no real let down when miley went all tits up....quite literally.

Quoting Sydel:

We skipped the wrecking ball phase. Dd loved her as Hannah Montana then went down a K-Pop hole.

I'm not so uptight that I would ban them from playing. Shoot after a few drinks who knows if I'll even try it. I was just caught off guard seeing my 10 year old shake it.

Quoting chicken13: Lol. A time and a place for everything I suppose. It did make me chuckle and reminded me of a couple years ago, around the wreaking ball Miley Cyrus phase, when dd and her friends taught me to twerk. Absolutely hilarious. Wish I had filmed it.

RaeMarie
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 2:35 PM

rofl well, okay then. I guess Miley had to start somewhere. Not something I would be allowing either. 

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Thank you for the heads up!

I'll be on the lookout to make sure the teen granddaughters don't.  LOL

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 5:10 PM

I remember DD coming home telling me that some girls at school did a 'cover' of Toxic, dancing included at the talent show. I was shocked that they had actually 'allowed' that. It's weird what people think is 'appropriate' for kids - especially with the internet being so easily accessible to access 'worse' things accidentally (or intentionally). 

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 6:11 PM

I'd be returning the game and writing a very strongly word to the video game company who decided to put that in an E for everyone video game.  I'd kick my kid in the rear if I caught her twerking as a teen.  I don't think burlesque dance moves belong in an E for everyone game.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 7:29 AM
Every time i see someone twerking I think if I tried that I’d pull out the back. I will confess I’m kind of at awe how someone could move like that. I don’t have girls though so i might view it different. My oldest is very stiff. He technically has a midlife defect and it took years of pt to get the movement he does have so watching him attempt that would be rather entertaining. Little one could probably figure it out.

Now there was twerking at dh work Christmas party last year which nearly broke up an engagement and we have the party again tonight so dh can’t wait to see the drama this year,

I’m also going to confess, I went to clubs as a teen and young adult and probably did dance moves that would make my parents cringe but I had a head on my shoulder as did most of my group.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 2, 2017 at 2:22 PM

I was... a butt shaker at school dances but I did not have the body that my dd does. I'm not worried about the big one. She is very aware that society is always watching and judging. 

But my 10 year old is more carefree. She would be the one to twerk for her class at show and tell! SMH

Quoting ljmom24: Every time i see someone twerking I think if I tried that I’d pull out the back. I will confess I’m kind of at awe how someone could move like that. I don’t have girls though so i might view it different. My oldest is very stiff. He technically has a midlife defect and it took years of pt to get the movement he does have so watching him attempt that would be rather entertaining. Little one could probably figure it out. Now there was twerking at dh work Christmas party last year which nearly broke up an engagement and we have the party again tonight so dh can’t wait to see the drama this year, I’m also going to confess, I went to clubs as a teen and young adult and probably did dance moves that would make my parents cringe but I had a head on my shoulder as did most of my group.

my2kidsmom9498
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM
That is awful! Be sure to let the manufacturer know! I would be upset too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)