Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Should Get Paid?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not asking, or maybe I am. My decision is made and the money is in dd2's pocket.

I guess I'm just curious other's agree.

Dd agreed to watch my friend's 4 and 2 year old on Saturday night overnight. She was invited to go to Columbus to watch the boy's bowl at an invitational but told me she should be home no later than 4 pm. The girls were dropped off at 3 pm.

She asked her little sister if she could cover for the first hour and said she'd give her $5.

Long story short she did not get home until close to 10 pm. She did not realize the boys were attending a large invitational. Plus Columbus is a 2 hour drive. When she got home she wanted to sit in my room and talk. I said many times that she needed to go relieve her sister from her babysitting duties. And her response was she's got this.

My 10 year old fed the girls dinner, changed them into their pajamas, played with them, put them to bed, got up at 4 am with the 2 year old when she cried, had them brush their teeth in the morning, and fed them breakfast.

The ONLY thing the big one did was change 1 diaper because little sister did not know how. Because you know... She's freaking 10.

So yeah, when my friend picked up the girls she paid the little one $40.  The big one made a case to her dad who was NOT home as he had gone out of town to watch football that she felt little sister should split the money with her because she changed that ONE diaper. She claims that the little girls didn't want her so it's not her fault.

Dh left the decision up to me. I was at work while this debate was going on. I came home last night and instantly decided the little one should keep all the money.

The big one is NOT happy with me right now but seriously what parent would agree that she deserved ANY money??

Little sister plans on signing up for the Red Cross babysitting course next time it's offered.

by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxmom165
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

way to gomomma you are right baby sister did a great job and deserved the $.

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you that DD2 gets the money!!!!!
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Agreed!

Quoting Jinxmom165:

way to gomomma you are right baby sister did a great job and deserved the $.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Baby sister for the win!!!

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM

DD2 deserves the money.  

And you can sign up for the Red Cross Babysitting course online any time of the year.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
At most i’d Give the oldest one $5 for the diaper change but little sister did 99% of it so really where is her case??
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM

The girls would NEVER have been dropped off for her sister to babysit if she hadn't agreed to watch them. She said that my friend would NEVER have left the girls with a 10 year old so she should be compensated for booking the gig.

I laughed in her face. I've NEVER charged friends to watch their kids. My friend didn't have to pay a penny to either one.  

Quoting ljmom24: At most i’d Give the oldest one $5 for the diaper change but little sister did 99% of it so really where is her case??

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
She’d have a better argument with me over getting paid the changing a diaper then booking a gig. Then again if there was no poop in the diaper it’s a lost cause.

She might also get a little lecture about honoring obligations and she shouldn’t have double booked and had her sister not bailed her out she might have issues booking own gigs in future.

Quoting Sydel:

The girls would NEVER have been dropped off for her sister to babysit if she hadn't agreed to watch them. She said that my friend would NEVER have left the girls with a 10 year old so she should be compensated for booking the gig.

I laughed in her face. I've NEVER charged friends to watch their kids. My friend didn't have to pay a penny to either one.  

Quoting ljmom24: At most i’d Give the oldest one $5 for the diaper change but little sister did 99% of it so really where is her case??

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 4, 2017 at 1:01 PM
Yes yes. Totally agree with you. Older DD did nothing to deserve even $5.
Roo1234
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Whomever did the bulk of the work.  The older sister didn't keep her word and she is lucky that her sister was there to pick up the slack

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)