Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Support Is Everything

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dd's boyfriend is at AIT and he is really started to freak out over his ability to pass. He just started classes last week!

His MOS is in the intelligence sector. He is a very intelligent young man. The kind that NEVER had to study or try too hard in high school. So now that he has to put in work he is getting overwhelmed.

He and dd were messaging last night nad he told her that a soilder committed suicide a few months ago when he was unable to graduate from AIT.

I wrote him today encouraging him to have more faith in himself. I asked him to take it day by day. I pointed out that while I doubt he will fail know that failure is a part of life. If you have never failed in life you have never done anything worth trying.

I told him glob forbid he fails then what? The world is not going to crash, he will not get kicked out. He will simply get a new MOS. We will still continue to be proud of him and support him.

He just wrote me thanking me for my words stating that he REALLY needed to hear it. And how much it means to him to have a support system.

* I have so MANY feels right now*

by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM

That was a very VERY nice thing to do.

That poor kid....

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Senator John McCain graduated 5th from the bottom at the US Naval academy out of perhaps a thousand midshipmen.

General Colin Powell had to make a few adjustments in his carrier.

Dwight Eisenhower graduated from West Point around the 63 percentile of his class.
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 4, 2017 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Support is everything. You are so correct. Son in law deploys to Korea are Saturday. Glad we are here this week for them and next week for dd.
drfink
by Emily on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:37 AM
Wonderful words . That kind of support must make him feel so much better .
I really like that you pointed out if this doesn't work out then he will find something that better suits him .
I am sure he will do fine but it must take the edge off a bit to realize there are options.
Breakthrough13
by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:47 PM

How nice! Those encouraging words from you definitely help him feel better. Encouragement & support is so important especially in today's world. Proverbs 16:24 says, “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)