Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas gifts

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

What is your 13 year old daughter asking for for Christmas? 

by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 12:20 PM

DD wanted a phone at 13, but we don't do phones until high school.  I believe she got an iPod that year, I can't remember.  

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 5, 2017 at 12:31 PM
I have a 13 year old son.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 5, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Mine was still asking for Monster High dolls at that age! Clothes, crafting supplies, bath and body stuff.

MissAndree
by Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 4:32 PM
Cd's, books movies, and concert tickets at 13. Also Doc Martens. That is all that I remember off the top of my head.
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 4:39 PM
DD asked for a new phone, I said no but then hers died so she already got the new phone!

Se asked for a lot of clothes...Vineyars Vines, Ivory Ella, Pink, sneakers from Vans.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 4:56 PM
I dont really remember 13 specifically bit2 im sure it was clothes, boots, makeup. 13 may of been her iphone. Im not sure if that was xmas or not. Oh and her art supplies. 13 was year she got interestef in drawing.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Welcome to our corner of the Cafe!!!

We have two daughters. (We sent out daughters out in junior high to steal us two SILs and they did an excellent job of stealing. LOL)

Around those early teen ages, hubby and I and the parents of each SIL adopted the universal gift card--CASH. We did and still do some stocking stuffers, but cash is always a good choice with teens, in my opinion.

At 14, 15, 16, Both couples were using that gift money along with other money to go on family vacations with our family and the family of each of the SILs.

With the three grandsons, now 7, 5, and 4, the big gift around Christmas this year and the past two years has been the trip to Florida and the Magic Kingdom. Hubby and I leave for Florida on Saturday with the brothers and both young couples and sisters will join us a week later. The little brothers lack for nothing toy wise as our daughters have found most everything imaginable at the thrift stores over the years for them to share.

This year we have three new teen granddaughters, now 14, 15, 16. (Our oldest daughter and SIL are in the process of adopting them. Yes we are blessed indeed.) These three are different because they have great needs, but we’re letting them help us understand what they need and want.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:20 PM
My kiddos are all older now.

At 13 for my DD it was electronics, pricey clothes, designer clothes, dance related stuff, music related stuff, iTunes cards, Broadway tickets, concert tickets, jewelery....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)