Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Christmas Break Up

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

A few days ago I discovered dd was talking to another guy while her bf was in AIT with the US Army. 

I laid into her and stated that they needed to break up. He came home yesterday and they were really awkward and cold. I assumed it was because she was nervous about the conversation she had to have. 

5 hours after he arrived he drops the bomb he was not only talking to other girls but being intimate with them and had plans to meet one in Tennesse for Christmas and only came home to dump her. 

WOW... I did not see that coming. Here I was telling her how wrong she was for flirting and he was lip locking and dry humping his way across Fort Jackson. 

He stated that during basic he still loved my daughter but AFTER basic he had an 8 week layover while waiting for his security clearence. And during that time he accidently found himself making out with multiple girls. 

Dd came clean about her talking and he literally just brushed it off like "Oh is that it?" 

He asked for a break but she pushed for an official break up ONLY to wake up at 5 am and decide she can't live without him and he's her everything and entire future. *sigh*

She sent me a small novella while I was at work about how she wants to start new. T is staying at my in-laws who ARE aware of both teen's actions but are super Christian and think they can work through it. 

I'm drinking a bottle of wine out of a Venti Starbucks cup and have decided that I am DONE with teen drama. 

On a positive note my 10 year old is super excited to open Christmas gifts tomorrow. And I look AMAHAZING in Rhianna's Fenty Stunna Red Lipstick. 

by on Dec. 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion these are babies who are both obviously not ready to be in af relationship. She is 16 and should focus on school, work, and sports. He should focus on AIT. 

My in-laws are bringing him to Christmas eve dinner in an hour. I wasn't going to go. But I have a buz and want to see how this trainwreck goes. 

inmybizz
by Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes you just gotta sit back and let things play out as they may.

mjande4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the very reason I do NOT encourage serious relationships with teens. They are simply too young. In addition, long distance relationships are destined to fail even when it's two mature adults.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 24, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quoting inmybizz:

Sometimes you just gotta sit back and let things play out as they may.

This
heybooboo
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 7:44 PM
T's discovered his manliness, so to speak.

Sit back and let the disaster run its course. And then be there for your DD, who just learned 2 harsh realities at once.

Good luck with dinner.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Not good!

Before reading this, I was going to suggest that the two of them should have a "define the relationship" conversation, which I guess they did. It's very hard to see and think clearly when you are hurting like she is. I would suggest that you just be there to help her pick up the pieces and move on with life.

Given time she will look back and think how lucky she was to have had this happen.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 25, 2017 at 2:09 PM

He definately came home with a lot more testorone and confidence! Dinner was fine the resturant had us at at two tables, we were the last to arrive and he was already seated at the kid's table with my brother in-laws. Dd sat with the adults with her back to him. 

Afterwards we went back to my in-laws and played games and opened gifts. They sat apart and had fun. 

They interacted in a civil manner and hugged goodbye. 

He had originally shipped all his gifts for her up so I wrapped them. I pulled the sentimental book of all the reasons he loves her. So she NEVER saw that. 

I took the name tag off the other ones he bought (socks and tea) and mixed them in with her other gifts. 

My in-laws said they spoke with him and they AGREE with me that the kids just need to be friends. 

Quoting heybooboo: T's discovered his manliness, so to speak. Sit back and let the disaster run its course. And then be there for your DD, who just learned 2 harsh realities at once. Good luck with dinner.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Dec. 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM

They were very platonic and I had interviened numerous times and suggested that they remove the label. 

They had minimal physical contact and  weren't planning a future together. Dd was more hurt that he lied to her than anything else. She said she feels like she lost him as a friend which was scarier than losing a boyfriend. 

This was her first shot at a relationship. She claims she's going to remain single for the rest of high school. But we shall see. 

Quoting mjande4:

This is the very reason I do NOT encourage serious relationships with teens. They are simply too young. In addition, long distance relationships are destined to fail even when it's two mature adults.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 9:51 PM
Yep, such was the case for my daughter when she and her boyfriend went off to different colleges, though they promised each other it wouldn’t.

Quoting mjande4:

hotspice58
by Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Good luck. On another note, I wish I had that teen drama. My 17 yo wants to be a rapper and believes people Who are telling him he'll be rich in a year by people listening to his music. And he doesn't need a high school diploma. I'm torn on giving up My rights. He's adopted; he's not causing any other type of drama... But I told him he has to get a GED and a job.... Wanna switch?!

Quoting Sydel:

In my opinion these are babies who are both obviously not ready to be in af relationship. She is 16 and should focus on school, work, and sports. He should focus on AIT. 

My in-laws are bringing him to Christmas eve dinner in an hour. I wasn't going to go. But I have a buz and want to see how this trainwreck goes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)